Floor problem Lunar Cosmos 564 2015

edmundl replied on 27/02/2017 13:10

Posted on 27/02/2017 13:10

Hi when my van went in for its service I asked them to have a look at the floor in front of the sink as I thought it felt a bit bouncy. When I had the report back off the technician he said that it wasn't delamination as I thought it might be but a serious collapse of one of the bracing supports in the floor. A report was sent to Lunar with a claim for a warranty repair. Lunar responded almost immediately and sent detailed drawings and instructions on how the repair was to be carried out. This entailed as far as I could make out replacing most of the floor. When I raised my concerns with the dealer who will be carrying out the repairs they assured me that most of the work would be carried out from the underneath and would have very little if any effect on the interior of the van. Has anyone else experienced this problem with their Lunar built during this period as I have heard that Lunar were aware of this problem which was caused by build problem during that period

sutteh replied on 16/05/2021 09:15

Posted on 07/04/2017 17:52 by

My 2012 Clubmanm has had floor issues too a cracking noise as we walked about, it seems to have been the joint where two floor panels met and has been fixed with a lathe across the joint.

Posted on 16/05/2021 09:15

Sorry for dredging up an old post but I have the exact issue you describe on my lunar clubman, if I get under the van and someone walks over the top you can see the floor flex followed by a cracking as presumably the two pieces of ply move past each other, can you explain what you did to repair it? Currently I use two scissor jacks and a piece of wood but a more permanent solution would be better for my sanity :)

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook