Electric problem 2

kalamitty55 replied on 07/02/2023 18:13

Posted on 07/02/2023 18:13

i have posted earlier about my battery problem and not getting 240v,  well heres the update,  i managed to get the 240v working by using the hookup lead connected to a different 240v outlet at home, (will check the orginal hookup socket when weather warms up).  we had a mobile service engineer booked to check the van and when he turned up he was prewarned about my problems and the alde control panel being blank,  he informed me that the pcb had gone on the boiler,  and if i'm getting it repaired then he wouldn't be able to fit it as he has to supply a warranty so only replaces with new  thats if he could get one,  anyway i went on line and new pcb's were priced about £299 but on ebay there was a caravan dealer up north selling new ones for £199. so ordered one when it arrived i proceeded to take old one out after taking fuse out of the solar panel and disconeenecting 240v and liesure battery,  theres plenty of vids on youtube and it is easy getting the old one out but first i took photos and wrote done which connection went where,  fitting is a reverse and noticed i had trapped a wire so on trying to remove it i felt something fall onto floor, when i looked my finger had broken a conductor or something luckily on ebay there is a company that does a repair for £49 so i sent it off and it arrived back within the week with the part resoldered on, so i took more care fitting it and now back to everything working. 

watto64 replied on 07/02/2023 20:54

Posted on 07/02/2023 20:54

I had to change our alde PCB a year ago as the thermal fuse had blown and also saw the repair service on ebay, so its good to find someone who as used them with sucess - thank you for posting this information.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook