Elddis Crusader Storm Taps

WillHamilton replied on 01/06/2021 22:33

Posted on 01/06/2021 22:33

Hi All, looking for abit of advice/direction before I start ripping the van apart!!

I have a Elddis Crusader Storm, circa 2005, with onboard tank. 

Last week while away the taps decided to stop working. Lift any tap, you’d hear a ‘click’ from under the seat, but no water.

Drained the system, refilled and still the same. All the taps have micro switches.

Can one bad switch affect them all 3?

is it a simple swap for new micro switches and it all works.

Or is it the unit under the seat that’s at fault.

Any help or direction would be appreciated, thanks! 

KeithL replied on 08/06/2021 14:05

Posted on 08/06/2021 14:05

Sounds like an electrical fault to me. Are you absolutely certain you've got all necessary switches turned on i.e.  battery master switch, pump switch on the control panel? If so is the leisure battery charged?

If all these are OK then start checking fuses and make sure you've got 12 volts at the pump connection using a multimeter. If you've got 12v at the connection then I'd test the pump by putting a 12v feed straight across its connections in the plug.

I had a van where the pump appeared to be failing but turned out to be a dirty connection where the pump plugged into the van. 5 minutes with a piece of emery paper and some wd40 soon sorted that one out.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook