Elddis Avante 840 Sunroof/roof collapse 2017 van!

Pritchard7 replied on 29/06/2022 18:36

Posted on 29/06/2022 18:36

Hello has anyone else suffered this? We are the second owner of an Elddis Osprey which is 840 avante first registered 2016 December. But is an Elddis 2017 model...Last week we noticed the wall paper coming away in a corner 😳  we pulled the paper back to fund it blue with mold. The repair shop has said that the roof has dropped over an inch and the sunroof/roof has caused a crack in the roof and let in water. As we are the second owner... I don't think we are covered by warranty now :-( has anybody else suffered this problem and what was the outcome?

Trini replied on 30/06/2022 09:33

Posted on 30/06/2022 09:33

I would suggest that the SOLID warranty if it has been maintained correctly ie serviced on time by a recognised approved engineer (not necessarily an Elddis dealer) then contact Elddis and see how it goes.

I wouldnt recommend any work being carried out until you hear back from them.

Make sure if you can that you have the service invoices to prove the van has met their requirements.

We had the frame and the inside roof panel replaced when the frame cracked and let in rain.

Good luck but keep pushing! 

handsj replied on 30/06/2022 14:07

Posted on 30/06/2022 14:07

Also keep a check around the front windows for damp. Our 2016 Affinity 550 leaked there as well, all because the sealant had been randomly (instead of solidly) applied when the caravan was built. In fact my advice is to constantly check everywhere with a damp meter!

If you're up to date with proof of annual servicing from new then, as Trini says, you should be able to claim, but be prepared for some pushback. They clearly get a lot of such claims. Ours was a constant headache until we got rid of it in 2018.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook