E & P levelling system for motorhomes

swanseapam replied on 02/07/2019 13:12

Posted on 02/07/2019 13:12

hi all

we have just changed our caravan for a motorhome.  has anyone had the E & P levelling system fitted and how are you finding it.

Pam & Mike

peedee replied on 02/07/2019 13:34

Posted on 02/07/2019 13:34

I have not heard or read any complaints about the system. Well worth fitting in my view even though expensive. There are other suppliers, Ma-ve and Glidrite. I have a sytem fitted by the latter for the last 6/7 years and I have not had any problems with it although, unlike the E&P system, it is not a fully automatic.

peedee

GEandGJE replied on 02/07/2019 17:02

Posted on 02/07/2019 17:02

Hi Pam and Mike. We had the E&P leveling system fitted to our MH a couple of weeks ago and have just get back from a 10 day tour on 3 different sites, one hard standing and two grass pitches and we were level within 2 minutes on each site. The other main benefit is how sturdy the MH is with no movement when you get in or out or when someone moves around. Yes it is expensive but we are very happy with it and remember if you change MH you can get it removed and fitted to your new one.

Gary and Genevieve  

QFour replied on 04/07/2019 14:39

Posted on 04/07/2019 14:39

Hmmm .. We have some levelling rams but we hardly ever use them. Most of the Club sites are reasonably flat. The cost of these systems is eye watering. Normally we just turn up park and put the kettle on.

young thomas replied on 04/07/2019 17:35

Posted on 04/07/2019 17:35

yes, levelling isn't generally too difficult on most sites with HS, hopefully they will have been built level, with small runoff...

some grass pitches, being more natural, can present the odd problem but having a good 'eye' for the slope and placing the van the best way round often is sufficient....

E&P only seems to get good things reported, if it's something you really want and are OK with the price, then why not.

however, there are other options you could have in lieu of this...

a decent auto satellite system perhaps or even air suspension which gives a degree of levelling as well....

DavidKlyne replied on 04/07/2019 18:57

Posted on 04/07/2019 14:39 by QFour

Hmmm .. We have some levelling rams but we hardly ever use them. Most of the Club sites are reasonably flat. The cost of these systems is eye watering. Normally we just turn up park and put the kettle on.

Posted on 04/07/2019 18:57

Not my recent experience. On our little trip we have been on one CL, one Commercial site and three Club sites. It was only the Commercial site that we didn't need some any levelling. Obviously a totally different question as to whether to invest in an automatic system when a  short scaffold plank would dosmile On a more serious note I am amazed how much of a slope some CMC pitches have, surely it can't be that difficult to get them level?

David

TonyIshUK replied on 04/07/2019 19:45

Posted on 04/07/2019 19:45

My first thought would be how much payload am I losing ?

if you have other items as a factory or dealer fit, these will also lower payload.  Awning , Sat-tv, auto gearbox, etc.  Need to get the spreadsheet out for some real world calculations.

Rgds

peedee replied on 04/07/2019 19:50

Posted on 04/07/2019 18:08 by QFour

I can think of better things to spend 5k on .. 

Posted on 04/07/2019 19:50

My system cost me £3k and I do not begrudge one penny of it. Small price to pay to be rid of the hassle of levelling up plus I have a greater range of adjustment than ever I had with the largest of  ramps. I won't be wearing the clutch out either.

peedee

JollyKernow replied on 04/07/2019 20:16

Posted on 04/07/2019 20:16

Levelling a van on a sloping pitch is very straightforward. Levelling a van on a sloping pitch when you have a hydraulic levelling system is very easy. The difference is the depth of your wallet. If you have a deep wallet then go for it. Seems a decent gadget these days albeit very expensive. 

My American fifth wheel trailer comes with hydraulic levelling as standard. I wonder when the UK market will recognise the customers needs and include it in the build?

JK

peedee replied on 05/07/2019 08:05

Posted on 05/07/2019 08:05

On a more serious note I am amazed how much of a slope some CMC pitches have, surely it can't be that difficult to get them level?

Have you used the Cheltenham Race Course site David?

The nose down attitude of most motorhomes does not help. Yes you can use any slope to help iron out this disadvantage but you may want to pitch against the slope advantage to appreciate the view or catch more of the sun. With hydraulics, apart from the ease of set up, you no longer have to be concerned about the slope of a pitch which is a great advantage especially if you do not want to be tied to manicured sites.

peedee

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook