Dometic fridge problem.

replied on 30/06/2021 16:25

Posted on 30/06/2021 16:25

We have a new Swift Sprites and I cannot turn the fridge on either electric or gas. The electric supply lightening bolt icon  is showing in the control panel so the mains supply is good the gas is definitely on but it will not turn on it keeps showing faults, either; E50 gas failed ignition check supply or W05 fridge has no mains power supply. 
 I am actually due to take it back to Davan for a Dometic engineer to have a look at it tomorrow but was wondering if anyone has experienced similar problems ?

Thanks in advance.

Sianelen replied on 02/07/2021 16:27

Posted on 02/07/2021 16:27

We have a gas cut-off switch in the cupboard next to the fridge in our Swift, might be worth a look.

Sian

davetommo replied on 02/07/2021 18:09

Posted on 30/06/2021 16:25 by

We have a new Swift Sprites and I cannot turn the fridge on either electric or gas. The electric supply lightening bolt icon  is showing in the control panel so the mains supply is good the gas is definitely on but it will not turn on it keeps showing faults, either; E50 gas failed ignition check supply or W05 fridge has no mains power supply. 
 I am actually due to take it back to Davan for a Dometic engineer to have a look at it tomorrow but was wondering if anyone has experienced similar problems ?

Thanks in advance.

Posted on 02/07/2021 18:09

How long has it taken from reporting the problem to getting a date for Dometic to look at the fridge. I have a  coachman VIP 2021 model with the fault code E50 and my dealer has been trying to get Dometic to take a look at it without any success. He has got that fed up that he has got Coachman on the problem to try and get Dometic to look at it. It is now about 3 weeks since I reported the problem. The fridge works perfect on Electric and 12 volt. So for now any off grid caravaning is out of the question. 

And yes the gas bottle is full and fridge gas tap turned on.

replied on 04/07/2021 16:01

Posted on 02/07/2021 18:09 by davetommo

How long has it taken from reporting the problem to getting a date for Dometic to look at the fridge. I have a  coachman VIP 2021 model with the fault code E50 and my dealer has been trying to get Dometic to take a look at it without any success. He has got that fed up that he has got Coachman on the problem to try and get Dometic to look at it. It is now about 3 weeks since I reported the problem. The fridge works perfect on Electric and 12 volt. So for now any off grid caravaning is out of the question. 

Posted on 04/07/2021 16:01

I arranged to meet the Dometic engineer at Davan caravans last Thursday after taking a days holiday from work and he never turned up nor could Davan get hold of him. As mentioned I returned the van and got my money back because they new the fridge was faulty before I even picked it up because they’d already ordered the part needed !!

young thomas replied on 04/07/2021 16:26

Posted on 02/07/2021 18:09 by davetommo

Posted on 04/07/2021 16:26

DT, this was the same scenario i had in my Dometic....pitched up at a THS, chairs and table out, change fridge to gas.....nothing, not even a click of the burner...

long story short, moved to a CL with EHU, Dometic enginerr arrived when we got home....it turned put to be a small failure in the PCB....a quick exchange (and transfer of king's ransom) and all sorted...

in fairness to dealer, when i mentioned it them at the NEC, after geeting nothing put of Dometic, they immediately gave me a free Hab service and damp check....

davetommo replied on 06/07/2021 22:22

Posted on 04/07/2021 16:26 by young thomas

DT, this was the same scenario i had in my Dometic....pitched up at a THS, chairs and table out, change fridge to gas.....nothing, not even a click of the burner...

long story short, moved to a CL with EHU, Dometic enginerr arrived when we got home....it turned put to be a small failure in the PCB....a quick exchange (and transfer of king's ransom) and all sorted...

in fairness to dealer, when i mentioned it them at the NEC, after geeting nothing put of Dometic, they immediately gave me a free Hab service and damp check....

Posted on 06/07/2021 22:22

My last 3 coachman vans have had Thetford fridges no trouble at all and nice cold beer.

young thomas replied on 07/07/2021 08:43

Posted on 06/07/2021 22:22 by davetommo

My last 3 coachman vans have had Thetford fridges no trouble at all and nice cold beer.

Posted on 07/07/2021 08:43

I think the jury is out on the Thetford/Dometic performance..

i had Thetfords in my two Swifts and they were a real pain...

the two German vans (same brand) both had Dometics and, barring the PCB issue for which i was reimbursed, id go with Dometic as a product, but not for their Customer Service.

davetommo replied on 07/07/2021 14:32

Posted on 07/07/2021 08:43 by young thomas

I think the jury is out on the Thetford/Dometic performance..

i had Thetfords in my two Swifts and they were a real pain...

the two German vans (same brand) both had Dometics and, barring the PCB issue for which i was reimbursed, id go with Dometic as a product, but not for their Customer Service.

Posted on 07/07/2021 14:32

Looks like it is the opposite way round for you and I.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook