Dometic fridge issue

ScreenNameA49F17BAA0 replied on 20/08/2023 12:31

Posted on 20/08/2023 12:31

Hi, my fridge has suddenly stopped getting cold, has been working fine on mains power then suddenly stopped, I was told it was the heating element so I purchased a new one and fitted it, the cylinder at the back of the fridge is getting hot so guessing the element is doing it’s job but the fridge still isn’t getting cold? Is there any other parts that I need to be looking at? Power is getting through and the lights are still working on the fridge, I’m out of ideas, many thanks

jennyc replied on 26/08/2023 17:55

Posted on 26/08/2023 17:55

After despairing with poor performance from our Dometic fridge, the whole chiller component was replaced at significant cost. It’s still a poor performer and Dometic advice that the specification is for a 16deg C drop from ambient temperatures, which is a bit of a joke with summer temperatures today. If your heater is working, it sounds as if there’s something stopping circulation through the refrigeration section. As I recall, our repair cost £450 or thereabouts. Re-gassing wasn’t an option.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook