Coat Hooks

Qashqai66 replied on 23/10/2019 11:24

Posted on 23/10/2019 11:24

Many years ago we had a caravan which came with two sturdy coat hooks attached to the inside of the door.  They were ideal for wet coats during the day and perfect for somewhere to put clothes overnight; the latter is usually a challenge in most 2 berth vans.

I keep wondering why so few manufacturers bother with hooks.  In subsequent vans we have tried and failed to put hooks in ourselves.  Generally the light structure militates against securing things to the walls and adhesive backed hooks fail to adhere as soon as they are actually used.

Has anyone found a solution?

Whittakerr replied on 23/10/2019 11:40

Posted on 23/10/2019 11:40

Probably not useful for you but my wet clothes stay in the awning and for overnight, anything that i'm wearing again, usually only shorts or trousers go in the bathroom, the rest go in an ikea bag in the awning with the rest of the dirty clothes.

Takethedogalong replied on 23/10/2019 11:49

Posted on 23/10/2019 11:49

We bought a wide over door gadget with four hooks. It fits over our wardrobe door, which still closes when it’s in place. As the wardrobe is above the heater, we use it to air off our coats and towels on wet days. We sometimes put coats onto coat hangers and suspend from skylight handles in bathroom as well, if really wet, so they can drip. We use blown air heating into bathroom to dry them.

Door hooks are handy though. We have two sturdy ones just inside door, use these for coats and dog leads.

Tinwheeler replied on 23/10/2019 11:55

Posted on 23/10/2019 11:55

Lightweight waterproofs that dry quickly suit us. Warm layers can be worn underneath. They drape nicely over the backs of the cab seats and can be wiped down before hanging if too wet. 

replied on 23/10/2019 12:47

Posted on 23/10/2019 12:47

The user and all related content has been deleted

Tammygirl replied on 23/10/2019 13:22

Posted on 23/10/2019 13:22

We too have a number of over the door type hooks that we move around the van.

In addition to that we have stuck on 2 white plastic hooks in the shower.

We also have an expandable pole across the shower cubicle. From this we can hang a couple of those hangers with pegs on to dry small items or we can hang jackets on coat hangers if they are very wet.

We do however have a very good 2 hook coat hanger on the side wall of the wardrobe in the bathroom. smile Coachman caravan.

Navigateur replied on 23/10/2019 14:00

Posted on 23/10/2019 14:00

The plastic cupboard door handles supplied by Bailey have a useful life of about five years, and when I looked at the cost of replacements I went to B&Q and bought some kitchen cupboard handles with the same screw spacing. It was only after fitting that I realied the straight bar style I had chosen for ease of use had other uses for the end projections!

Bakers2 replied on 23/10/2019 19:22

Posted on 23/10/2019 19:22

We had a net curtain tension rod in the bathroom. Position where you like 😉. Holds a open bath towel or coats on hangers, same with waterproof  trousers. Didnt need removing whilst travelling once wed got the tension spot on!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook