Caravan bike rack

Ben West replied on 12/11/2020 20:36

Posted on 12/11/2020 20:36

I need help. Recently when on site I saw a caravan next door with a bike rack which fixed into the caravans tow hitch allowing it to be locked in place with a hitch lock. It then had 4 slots to allow you to stand the bikes front or rear wheel in and then in turn lock these to the rack. I have not seen one before and cannot find one online anywhere. Does anyone have one of these or know where they can be purchased from. Thanks

Wherenext replied on 13/11/2020 20:40

Posted on 13/11/2020 20:40

I may well be envisaging it wrongly but if it was sitting over the hitch this would likely affect your noseweight significantly. Or am I misreading things?

JVB66 replied on 13/11/2020 20:50

Posted on 13/11/2020 20:50

The way i read the op it is a method of on site cycle security? but as there has not been any updatesundecided 

markflip replied on 14/11/2020 11:04

Posted on 14/11/2020 11:04

Was it one of these??

https://www.practicalcaravan.com/reviews/caravan-bikestation

The website doesn't work, so i guess they have ceased trading though, sadly.

The picture might give you some idea of how to construct one yourself/have one made, but looking at it it seems that being bolted together it wouldn't have been particularly secure and I would never secure a bike by just a wheel either - the bike shown has QR skewers, so it's less than 1 minute to drop out the wheel and off with the bike!

Ben West replied on 14/11/2020 21:25

Posted on 14/11/2020 21:25

Hi mark. Yes it was very similar to this but a welded one piece construction. The person using is had a security chain going through both the wheels and frames of the bikes secured. Looks as though I may be producing one myself though. Thank you all for your replies. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook