BPW Corner Steadies - pivot screws fall out

IHRZ replied on 30/07/2021 13:16

Posted on 30/07/2021 13:16

We have had the screws come loose of the pivots of the corner steadies a few times on our Elddis 2010 with BPW chassis.  This is where the part moves along the main jacking screw, and the leg is secured on each side to the part that moves along the main screw.

This time found 3 of them completely missing.  The screw on 1 side cannot come out so the legs will not totally fall off, but best if both sides are in place.

Posting this so others know what screw and washer size is needed as I could not find anything online.  

The screws are 14 gauge (No. 14) x 1.2" self taping pan head screws with M6 penny washers.  I got them from http://www.intasprintfasteners.co.uk/index2.html who can post to anywhere in the UK.

I've put them back with some silicone to stop them coming loose again.

I'm sure this will be the same on many other peoples caravans but they do not realise.

DavidMBell replied on 15/04/2023 18:03

Posted on 15/04/2023 18:03

Are you sure they’re 1.2 inch? Just sounds too long? I’ve discovered one of mine is missing. Was going to take another out from the other side and go to Screwfix or similar see if I can get a replacement. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook