Best caravan polish

nelliethehooker replied on 06/04/2020 20:02

Posted on 06/04/2020 20:02

I appreciate that this has been asked before but I thought to pick your brains again. As the layoff from touring will be for a long while yet I thought I might give my van, a 9 yr old Bailey Unicorn, a polish and could do with some recommendations for the most suitable product that I could order on line.

Comment from the Club:

We currently have a Club Offer for our members in the Club Shop for Dry Sparkle Caravan Waterless Wash Starter Pack and  Dry Sparkle Motorhome Waterless Wash Stater Pack. Dry Sparkle cleans, polishes and protects without the need for water. 

Here's a simple guide on how to achieve a gleaming finish using this eco-friendly cleaning formula. This method not only saves time but is also effective in maintaining shine for longer.

Step 1: Prepare Your Vehicle

Shake the bottle well before use to mix the eco-friendly formula.
Hold the bottle a few inches away from the surface and spray a fine mist evenly across the bodywork. 

Step 2: Wipe and Clean

Using a clean, soft microfiber cloth (included in the pack), gently wipe over the sprayed areas. The beauty of this product is that it requires no scrubbing. Simply glide the cloth over the surface to lift dirt and grime effortlessly.

The formula not only cleans but leaves behind a thin protective layer. This layer is designed to repel dust, dirt, and water, making your car stay cleaner for longer.

Benefits of Using This Method

Eco-Friendly: The formula is environmentally friendly, making it a responsible choice for car care.
Time-Saving: Without the need for scrubbing or using multiple products, you save a significant amount of time in keeping your car clean.
Effective Protection: The formula provides a lasting polish and create a protective barrier that helps prevent contaminants from adhering to the car’s surface between washes.

The starter pack includes:

1x High-quality trigger (twist and click)
2x 300ml bottles of Caravan or Motorhome Waterless Wash
2x Soft microfibre clothes (machine-washable at 40°)

We hope this helps polish your caravan. smile

SteveL replied on 06/04/2020 23:47

Posted on 06/04/2020 23:47

I think one of the drywashes give a long lasting shine with very little effort. I don't use them to wash the van or car, (doing this with shampoo / water) as you can end up with scratches. They have the benifit of getting rid of black streaks and putting a very slippery coat on the surface, which means dust and dirt wash off in any heavy rain.

JillwithaJay replied on 07/04/2020 08:51

Posted on 07/04/2020 08:51

Been using Autoglym Resin Polish for years.  Twice a year we use their Caravan and Motorhome Cleaner followed by the polish.  In between trips we use ordinary car shampoo.

thebells replied on 07/04/2020 11:03

Posted on 07/04/2020 11:03

We bought the Fenwicks range when it was on offer and were really pleased with the results, the caravan was gleaming😊(also, not directly relevant to your question but the one for cleaning the awning was fabulous at removing tree resin/pollen/bird poo etc).

Rufs replied on 07/04/2020 15:57

Posted on 07/04/2020 15:57

Fenwicks caravan cleaner concentrated and then a clean rinse with Fenwicks Bobby Dazzler so easy and it last for ages, i think it is just one cap full for full bucket of water. Bobby Dazzler puts like a protective coat on the van that shines lovely, no need for polishing , chuck it on, leather off if in hard water area otherwise just leave to dry, my 2008 Coachman comes up like new, and i can do the whole caravan, including the roof, in 2 hours.

JollyKernow replied on 07/04/2020 20:48

Posted on 07/04/2020 20:48

I've always favoured Autoglym products too but couldn't find a decent finish for the fibre glass gel coat on the RV. I've since found Meguiars products that equal Autoglym and are easier to apply. I now use their products on the RV, the camper and my carlaughing. AS I'm time rich at present I'm going to attempt to bring back the badly oxidised finish on my nine year old caravan. Ha, going to dazzle those campers onsite with my shiny tin box!! (sometime)wink

JK

Tammygirl replied on 07/04/2020 20:55

Posted on 07/04/2020 20:55

Nellie, for what is worth I like Care-avan polish for caravans, its tested and endorsed by Bailey.

I find it very easy to use and does remove some of the water/black marks you get at times also cleans up the mastic nicely. 

Brings it to a nice shine without a lot of effort. We paid £10.99 from the dealers near to Super Tractor mans CL wink

nelliethehooker replied on 07/04/2020 21:34

Posted on 07/04/2020 21:34

Thanks for all you replies. I do the same as Rufs after each trip, but wanted to add an extra coating to while away a bit of spare time during the lockdown.😅

I do wish they'd tell one when they've moved one's post from one section to another!😠

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook