Battery/Mover connections?

aamcle replied on 05/07/2021 16:51

Posted on 05/07/2021 16:51

Battery/Mover terminal connections.

My mover power cable is twisted together with the vans power cable inserted into the tube on the side of the battery clamp connection and the screws tightened down on the wire strands.

It been through several services I that condition but I am concerned surely the wires should be inserted into a copper crimp tube and crimped not just twisted together and jammed into the battery clamp or failing that proper terminal connectors should be fitted to the cables.

Considering the high current draw should the cables be crimped or have proper connectors fitted prior to connection to the battery clamp connectors?I

Thanks All.

Aamcle

dave the rave replied on 05/07/2021 20:09

Posted on 05/07/2021 20:09

As you are so concerned by the way the cables have been connected why do you not make the alterations so that you will not be worried .?You could,if you can find ring terminals with a large enough cable entry,use the nut and bolt that tighten the clamp to the battery terminal.Personally I would have no problem with the "current" system. ,

aamcle replied on 05/07/2021 21:10

Posted on 05/07/2021 21:10

1,  I don't know if is necessary Maybe that's why I'm asking?

2, I don't own a suitable crop tool mine are smaller

Simon100 replied on 05/07/2021 21:46

Posted on 05/07/2021 21:46

That's what the tube connector is for. In essence of is a larger version of the terminals in a 13amp plug.

I have had a number of vans with mover connections like that, fitted by caravan dealers, and not had a problem.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook