Battery Box on Bailey Pageant Moselle 2004

Jogon replied on 04/08/2012 13:07

Posted on 04/08/2012 13:07

Ok, we;ve had the van 11 months now, not been out yet

http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/community/discussions/general-discussions/introductions/Almost-a-year-since-we-joined--purchased-our-van/rt/224664/

but are about to , finished readying the van and once insured/breakdown recovery on Monday we'll be just about ready to roll off the drive for a night or two away (first time out and all that)

One issue that has bugged me is the size of the battery compartment on the Van.

I've not plumped for a motormover just at the moment, i'll see how i get on when we first start going out in it BUT!

I have a leisure battery, it's 85amp and i've put it in a battery box and then inside the battery compartment (left the top off the box so it can breathe of course) and it fits ok.

However, if I was to go the motormover way I would presumably require a 110amp or larger battery and all of those i've seen of that size are bigger than where it would fit in the battery compartment. My compartment has a sort of divide in the casing between where the battery goes and where the hook-up lead socket is.

I was led to believe that after a particular year and certainly before 2004 that battery compartments were of a certain size so as to be able to accomodate the larger batteries required for a motormover?

I spoke to the place i purchased the caravan from and they said maybe i should just 'cut' the divide part out...which seems altogether impractical.

So, if I ever was to go for the motormover how would I rectify this issue?  do bailey do a different battery compartment that i can simply unscrew the current one and replace with another one but with the divide missing?

Thankyou!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook