Bailey Vigo18 - Toilet Flush Problem-Out of Ideas

JanetandJohn replied on 05/05/2021 07:35

Posted on 05/05/2021 07:35

Hi,

After 7 months in storage we visited Berwick club site in April. The toilet flush did initially work but then on day 2 it stopped working. We checked the pump propeller and it was initially stiff but then did turn more freely after we used a screwdriver. Still no joy.

I attached a 9V battery to the power leads and the pump does run. Therefore I thought it would be the control panel. So I have swapped out the control panel for a new one but this has not resolved the problem. The fuse has not blown, the hot/cold water pump still works. The light does not dim in the bathroom when the button is pressed. I am out of ideas.

We have the C263S toilet - the control panel is not on the top of the toilet, it is in the wall. Our van is a Bailey Vigo 2018 model and guess what, it is just out of warranty!

We cannot get it into the repair centre for another 2 weeks as they are so busy. 

Any other ideas?

Thanks

John

JanetandJohn replied on 05/05/2021 07:48

Posted on 05/05/2021 07:48

There is a 12V supply to the harness next to the control panel in the wall. However when we tried to connect the 12V coming into the control panel to the 2 leads heading back out of the control panel (ie removing the role of the control panel), the pump did not start up.

Ageing Dj replied on 28/03/2023 08:59

Posted on 28/03/2023 08:59

Hi. My pump has also stopped working, I think it is blocked with the black stuff you get with the pink flush fluid. Where is the pump located as the flush button is on the side unit and not on the toilet. There is a grey shelf unit behind the toilet which is above the separate flush tank, I am assuming it is behind there, but I can't seem to remove it. Any help please.

Thanks 

DaveCyn replied on 28/03/2023 15:28

Posted on 28/03/2023 15:28

Can't guarantee to be able to help but telling us what model toilet fitted in which van would be a start.

Burgundy replied on 28/03/2023 16:29

Posted on 28/03/2023 16:29

If you remove the holding tank and look for a fuse in the wiring harness. Not sure whether it’s on the 260 or on a previous model. Worth a look. 

Navigateur replied on 28/03/2023 17:06

Posted on 28/03/2023 17:06

The toilet "flush" is misnamed - it is no more than a feeble rinse.  For emergencies, and when the water runs out during the night, I carry an empty Pot Noodle tub to use to rinse the bowl using water from the sink tap.  As it can direct the water to where it is needed it is more effectve and probably actually saves water.  

It is also used to supply a measured amount of water to start off the casette after emptying.

Freddy55 replied on 28/03/2023 17:34

Posted on 28/03/2023 17:34

We used to have a Senator. We had the same problem. It turned out to be an inline connector (might have been a fuse?) inside the cassette aperture. Just a case of cleaning off the corrosion. Might be worth a look?

PS - We stopped using ‘Pink’ because of the black stuff. We now use Zoflora wink

Ageing Dj replied on 28/03/2023 19:41

Posted on 28/03/2023 19:41

Thanks for all your advice. The electrics are fine. The impeller on the flushing pump is probably blocked with sludge. I just need to know how to get. Into the concealed tank and remove the pump and clean it. There is a resesed shelf behind the toilet but i can't seem to remove it, probably the tank and pump may be behind it. 

Ageing Dj replied on 01/04/2023 10:29

Posted on 01/04/2023 10:29

I have now managed to locate the pump. As suspected it is located in the top of the remote flush water tank. On the bailey you need to remove the recessed shelf behind the toilet by poping of the screw caps and removing the four screws, the pump is easterly removed by removing the two retaining screws. A five minute job. As suspected the pump was jammed solid and no amount of cleaning was able to free it. I ordered a new pump on eBay for £47 and free postage. These pumps seem to be in short supply and out of stock at Thetford and no idea when they will be available. Some companies are changing over £60 for a pump and a cheaper version is available on eBay for £14, but have no idea what the quality is like. On bailey caravans the fuse for the toilet is combined with the water pump fuse in the main fuse board and not in the toilet compartment. Hope this is of help to others with a remote flush tank

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook