Bailey Unicorn LED lighting

wedgy replied on 01/05/2018 23:57

Posted on 01/05/2018 23:57

The LED lighting in our Unicorn Cabrera is extremely bright at night time, has anyone found a means of dimming this system?

Bakers2 replied on 02/05/2018 07:24

Posted on 02/05/2018 07:24

We changed our bulbs to LED purchasing them at a National. We originally bought white bulbs - against the stall holders advice 😉. Tried one out and promptly took the rest back to change for warm white 😂. The white light was startlingly  BRIGHT and would suit somewhere where good light was required, an operating theatre or dental surgery! It worked for us maybe it'll work for you? 

SteveL replied on 02/05/2018 08:09

Posted on 02/05/2018 08:09

In our 2014 Unicorn Cadiz there are two 3 cm square switches above the near side seating in the lounge, which control the main lighting above that area. Pressing them turns the lights on / off. Holding them down dims / brightens. This feature was not particularly well advertised in the literature we received with the van. Perhaps it is also possible in yours.

It is only the lounge end lights that have this facility, all the rest are just on / off.

EmilysDad replied on 02/05/2018 08:17

Posted on 02/05/2018 08:09 by SteveL

In our 2014 Unicorn Cadiz there are two 3 cm square switches above the near side seating in the lounge, which control the main lighting above that area. Pressing them turns the lights on / off. Holding them down dims / brightens. This feature was not particularly well advertised in the literature we received with the van. Perhaps it is also possible in yours.

It is only the lounge end lights that have this facility, all the rest are just on / off.

Posted on 02/05/2018 08:17

My Coachman's main lighting is like that ..... I dimmed them without the help of the manual 😉

wedgy replied on 02/05/2018 18:32

Posted on 02/05/2018 08:09 by SteveL

Posted on 02/05/2018 18:32

Very interesting, I will check that on our next trip. I hope ours have the same facility but don't recall anything in the manual. The four reading/ usb charging lights in the lounge area are dimmable but not rest. I am wondering if I could replace the switches with the type you mention if ours don't have that facility??

asklowey replied on 03/06/2024 19:41

Posted on 03/06/2024 19:41

The U5 Is pretty rubbish as far as lighting is concerned all the lights are super white LED strips. You can’t select a nice subtle lighting system for a nice evening in watching telly and having a drink.  If anybody has a solution to this, I would be very grateful going for a wee in the night means the toilet looks like Blackpool illuminations  which idiot thought of this at Bailey?  Bailey say they talk to caravan owners and build stuff that we want. God knows who they spoke to about the lighting system in the U5

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook