Awning side poles options

eyebrowsb replied on 24/05/2021 10:13

Posted on 24/05/2021 10:13

Hi all,

I have steel poles that fit on the side of the porch awning to help cut the draughts coming through the side of the van.  I was looking at the new Kampa/Dometic poles as they look lighter than the old steel poles and easier to fit.  They look remarkably similar to decorators extendable roller handles which twist to lock the poles.  Anybody use extendable roller handles for this purpose.  The only real difference is that they don't have a spike on the end, but I'm sure would fit in the pocket at the top of the awning side.  And probably less than half the price.

eribaMotters replied on 24/05/2021 12:03

Posted on 24/05/2021 12:03

Have you considered the extendable washing line poles at about £3 each. Still steel but very light and very cheap.

Colin

richardandros replied on 24/05/2021 12:19

Posted on 24/05/2021 12:19

Personally, I wouldn't bother with the poles.  I bought a set with one of our Kampa awnings a few years ago and have never needed to use them.  Providing you peg the awning slightly under the van, I have found you get a perfectly good seal without them. Just some more junk languishing in the garage somewhere!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook