Awning lighting

Iandor replied on 18/11/2018 17:37

Posted on 18/11/2018 17:37

hi I’ve recently acquired a Vango Braemar 280 inflatable porch awning and would like advice on how to put additional lighting in it. I’ve seen the Vango lighting system how are these connected to the van and awning? Are there cheaper alternatives. The Vang pack has 4 units which for this awning is overkill. Any advice please?

jennyc replied on 19/11/2018 04:46

Posted on 19/11/2018 04:46

We have the same problem with our air awning because there’s nowhere to clip a light to. But we do have some small loops hanging down for attaching a light double skin to the ceiling, So we have threaded light ties through a couple of them and hung our led strip light from those.

The need for an auxiliary light is increased because the web of fabric which runs across the van, between the air beams, obscures the van’s fitted external light.

richardandros replied on 24/11/2018 08:27

Posted on 24/11/2018 08:27

I have the Kampa system and to be honest, two tubes in our 390 Grande is overkill - extremely bright. The new Kampa awnings have Velcro loops specifically to fasten the light tubes to. Comes with about 5m lead which is adequate to allow plugging into the external 240v socket.

However, relevant to you is that the lighting also comes with plastic hooks and pole clips, allowing it to be used in a variety of awnings. We also use the lights in our Sunncamp air 390 which we tend to use in winter and it fits that perfectly as well, by simply putting the hooks through the curtain loops at the top of the awning.

sirtom01 replied on 24/11/2018 11:59

Posted on 24/11/2018 11:59

Worth noting that the Kampa system has a remote control which also acts as a dimmer. I find only one tube in our Kampa 390 to be adequate

replied on 24/11/2018 16:50

Posted on 24/11/2018 16:50

The user and all related content has been Deleted User
near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook