Awning draft skirt

Ron Lloyd replied on 27/08/2020 23:50

Posted on 27/08/2020 23:50

Does anyone know a method of making the fitting of draft skirts easier? We always find it very difficult and it takes us ages (even when we use a silicon spray).

Phishing replied on 28/08/2020 11:09

Posted on 28/08/2020 11:09

Draught skirts are one thing that has annoyed me, dont know why but never been happy with the fit. 

Last time on site a chap setting up next to me had a really good setup. He had a drive away awing kit and used it for the skirt. You get 3x 1m of figure 8 double bead awning strip and 3m of double ended kador strip (6mm to 6mm). You can buy by the meter if you need longer length.

Fit the kador strip to the van in one piece, fit the fig 8 plastic to the kador strip, fit the skirt to the other side of the fig 8 strip. 

Easy to fit, hangs really well, doesnt ruck up and sag after a few hours, bridges the wheel arch. I am going to try it.  

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook