Anyone recognise this Sprite door lock?

Helen123 replied on 24/05/2022 19:14

Posted on 24/05/2022 19:14

My 2019 Swift Sprite door lock won't push all the way up and the key won't go in.

Does anyone recognise this type of lock, and does anyone know how to get into it? It looks like the central disc levers off (hopefully to reveal screws) but I don't want to damage it. 

Any help appreciated

Cornersteady replied on 24/05/2022 20:26

Posted on 24/05/2022 20:26

I don't but I had a similar problem with a heavy outside padlock that wouldn't let the key go in after the winter, a few squirts of WD40 where ever I could squirt it outside and into the key hole over a few days cured it, it might be worth a go?

Otherwise a locksmith might help?

Helen123 replied on 26/05/2022 07:17

Posted on 26/05/2022 07:17

Update: Having looked at replacement lock kits on various web sites it's fairly clear that the central disc is levered off. Then having watched a this Youtube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxlFix_qmHg&t=432s) it semed worth having a go. So went out full of confidence with toolbox and lo and behold the key worked and the lock worked. No idea what had changed, it was certainly not working. I can only assume the lock fairy has been around. So I gave it a good dose of lock lubricant and all seems fine.

So it seems all you have to do is let the lock fairy do her magic. Thought I'd pass on that bit of information.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook