Any thoughts?

ScreenName2414314FEE replied on 06/03/2023 18:30

Posted on 06/03/2023 18:30

I have a Swift Base Camp 2 which I’ve overwintered at home, switching everything off. I’m getting ready to take it for a service and have connected the electric cable to the van today. It’s been ‘charging’ fir most of the afternoon - the Green and Orange lights are on in the cupboard, but when I press the console unit, there’s no response. Is it a matter of giving it more time or am I missing something? Grateful for any help / advice. 

eribaMotters replied on 06/03/2023 19:54

Posted on 06/03/2023 19:54

If the battery has been left to loose its charge you might have killed it. You'll find out when it goes in for the service.

Colin

ScreenName2414314FEE replied on 07/03/2023 08:17

Posted on 07/03/2023 08:17

Thanks Colin - looks like that may have happened as still nothing this morning. One thing that I’m still confused by as a novice caravan owner is this…. If the van is plugged into the mains, should the console unit come on in any event, or is it dependent on there being a functioning battery in the van? Thanks, Paul

Caravan Man replied on 13/03/2023 15:51

Posted on 13/03/2023 15:51

You may have already sorted this but have you checked that the black power button is pressed in (it is on the control box in the wardrobe at the front on the same level as the green and orange lighted buttons). The main control panel will not come on unless this button is pressed in. When I collected my BC2 it did not have a battery but the dealer ran through all the functions with it connected to the mains so I think the control panel should work with a dead battery if plugged into the mains.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook