Alde HE3020 Boilers

Scottie2 replied on 07/02/2019 08:10

Posted on 07/02/2019 08:10

For those whose ALDE HE3020 caravan boilers has ALDE G13 blue, 2 year antifreeze due for renewal and are wanting to change to the 5 year magenta 50/50 ready mix/ ready to use this item will be of interest...ALDE TECHNICAL emailed me yesterday, in response to a straight question I asked them, and they said that. COMMA GG40 Xstream 5 year antifreeze meets the full spec of the ALDE brand product and is safe to use to protect your heating system boiler HE3020 ....If you know what your doing and can do this job yourself then the savings are excellent for instance the ALDE G13 is most readily available in 1 litre bottles at around £9.00 and say your caravan has a system antifreeze capacity of 15 litres then its expensive....The COMMA GG40Xstream comes in 5 litre containers, is 50/50 and ready for use and , depending where you buy it, is around £24 per 5 litres so 3 x 5 litres needed and therefore is just under £5 a litre ...If you use a mobile service engineer he may be prepared to only charge you the labour cost if you are supplying the material...Food for thought if you want to try reducing your maintenance boosts.

Gavin Meredith replied on 07/03/2023 10:24

Posted on 07/02/2019 10:32 by

I replaced the glycol myself, the dealer whom I bought the caravan from new didn't want to do it! Figure that one out.

I used G40 concentrate and mixed it with distilled water, both bought from Amazon.

I would recommend you push the old out with distilled water, then run the system for say 15 minutes.

When I did mine there must have been some old left within the boiler as what was clean water turned a light shade of blue.

Then push this out with your mixed Glycol, saving some concentrate back for topping the header tank when you put everything back together.

I've done a number of jobs in and around the caravan, I enjoy the challenge!

Posted on 07/03/2023 10:24

Im having trouble finding GG40,   You said you used the G40 instead is that right and if so any issues  Thanks Gavin

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook