Alde 3020 control panel

baileyvanman replied on 31/03/2022 22:04

Posted on 31/03/2022 22:04

I have a 2015 Lunar Clubman CK owned from new. On the last couple of trips out I've had a problem with the Alde 3020 control panel. When turning the heating up all seems fine but if I try to turn it down at bed time I can only manage to reduce the temperature setting by one deg. at most. Further pressing on the temp. control alters other settings such as kw or hot water rather than the heating temp. If I leave it five minutes or so then I can reduce the heating by another deg. or so before the other settings are altered.

Whilst away in cold weather I don't have the heating set at more than about 23deg. I've noticed when I get home and the 'van is cold the heating settings work as they should which leads me suspect that control panel may be affected by the warm  temp. inside the van . I'm wondering if the, presumably LCD, within the control panel is on it's last legs and is being affected by the warmth in the 'van when in use.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so, can a new control panel be obtained and if so, is an easy swap or a job for the service engineer?

KjellNN replied on 31/03/2022 22:29

Posted on 31/03/2022 22:29

Not had that problem, but have fitted a new controller to our 2008 Swift Group van.  Easy swap IMO.  Search for a new  controller on line for the best price.   Getting an Alde engineer to do it will not be cheap!

KjellNN replied on 31/03/2022 22:50

Posted on 31/03/2022 22:50

Have you cleaned the touch screen?  I would try doing that with a slightly damp cloth.

Are all the connections to the rear of the clock properly in place?

Robert replied on 03/04/2022 18:59

Posted on 03/04/2022 18:59

I find the control panel can be bit of a pain sometimes holding the temperature button in up or down it works other times have to keep pushing to get temperature required

proterra replied on 10/04/2022 16:25

Posted on 31/03/2022 22:04 by baileyvanman

I have a 2015 Lunar Clubman CK owned from new. On the last couple of trips out I've had a problem with the Alde 3020 control panel. When turning the heating up all seems fine but if I try to turn it down at bed time I can only manage to reduce the temperature setting by one deg. at most. Further pressing on the temp. control alters other settings such as kw or hot water rather than the heating temp. If I leave it five minutes or so then I can reduce the heating by another deg. or so before the other settings are altered.

Whilst away in cold weather I don't have the heating set at more than about 23deg. I've noticed when I get home and the 'van is cold the heating settings work as they should which leads me suspect that control panel may be affected by the warm  temp. inside the van . I'm wondering if the, presumably LCD, within the control panel is on it's last legs and is being affected by the warmth in the 'van when in use.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so, can a new control panel be obtained and if so, is an easy swap or a job for the service engineer?

Posted on 10/04/2022 16:25

Have you tried a system reset, scroll down the menus to the last one and I think it’s there.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook