Active Traction Control

welhamwanderer replied on 21/05/2023 22:04

Posted on 21/05/2023 22:04

After7 years with our old caravan we bought a 1 year old which included the above innovation. After one trip we discovered that it was not working as we had not been shown the system. It appears that our elderly 13pin connection did not support it.

We were able to get the extra connection (at a cost of GBP85). We told the dealer who was not aware of this problem and said that this was worth checking at first link up.

Our insurance includes this so an accident without it working could have had serious consequences.

Lutz replied on 22/05/2023 16:38

Posted on 22/05/2023 16:38

I presume you meant Active Trailer Control. Caravans don't have any tractive axles so they can't have any traction control.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 22/05/2023 16:53

Posted on 21/05/2023 22:04 by welhamwanderer

After7 years with our old caravan we bought a 1 year old which included the above innovation. After one trip we discovered that it was not working as we had not been shown the system. It appears that our elderly 13pin connection did not support it.

We were able to get the extra connection (at a cost of GBP85). We told the dealer who was not aware of this problem and said that this was worth checking at first link up.

Our insurance includes this so an accident without it working could have had serious consequences.

Posted on 22/05/2023 16:53

Thanks for the heads up W👍🏻. Useful to know.

welhamwanderer replied on 24/05/2023 19:52

Posted on 24/05/2023 19:52

I watched the fitter (done on my drive.) and could not have done this myself.

I doubt any of the nationwide fitters would have done any cheaper. Worth it for peace of mind. And a hefty discount on my insurance.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook