A-class cab (engine) heater

Mr Bounty replied on 02/05/2023 16:16

Posted on 02/05/2023 16:16

Hi all,

I have a 2004 Burstner A-class Motorhome based on the 2.8 Fiat Ducato van. 
The cab heater is next to useless and blows lukewarm~ish at the very best. If the outside temperature drops then the warmth coming from the vents is barely detectable. It’s the same after 10 minutes at motorway speeds, only cold air comes out. The temperature gauge sits perfectly where it should and never moves. All input is appreciated.

My supplying dealer reckons that this is just how A class vans are because of the larger dashboard area. They’ve had it back twice with no improvement.

Tinwheeler replied on 02/05/2023 16:27

Posted on 02/05/2023 16:27

If this is the standard Ducato cab heater rather than something fitted by Burstner, I think you’d be better off going to a motor garage rather than a MH dealer.

Mr Bounty replied on 02/05/2023 17:08

Posted on 02/05/2023 16:27 by Tinwheeler

If this is the standard Ducato cab heater rather than something fitted by Burstner, I think you’d be better off going to a motor garage rather than a MH dealer.

Posted on 02/05/2023 17:08

I believe it is the Fiat unit, although I don’t know for sure.

Tinwheeler replied on 02/05/2023 17:40

Posted on 02/05/2023 17:40

Try contacting a few garages, preferably those that do van work, and see what they say.

Tbh, I’d not expect many dealerships to have much idea about this issue.

replied on 02/05/2023 17:51

Posted on 02/05/2023 17:51

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Kasspa replied on 02/05/2023 22:20

Posted on 02/05/2023 16:16 by Mr Bounty

Hi all,

I have a 2004 Burstner A-class Motorhome based on the 2.8 Fiat Ducato van. 
The cab heater is next to useless and blows lukewarm~ish at the very best. If the outside temperature drops then the warmth coming from the vents is barely detectable. It’s the same after 10 minutes at motorway speeds, only cold air comes out. The temperature gauge sits perfectly where it should and never moves. All input is appreciated.

My supplying dealer reckons that this is just how A class vans are because of the larger dashboard area. They’ve had it back twice with no improvement.

Posted on 02/05/2023 22:20

The temperature gauge sits perfectly where it should & never moves.....!

I trust by this you mean it moves to what you consider to be it's position at 'operating' temperature?

If so, then I would suggest thermostat is opening/closing properly & any fault is as suggested by DD & Emilys Dad.... air lock/blocked matrix especially considering age of vehicle!

Have you had a coolant change anytime recently or repair to system, hose/radiator replacement?

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook