2011 Elddis Avante 564 battery charging problem

KSRobb replied on 06/07/2021 17:41

Posted on 06/07/2021 17:41

I have a 2011 Elddis Avante 564 and the battery doesn't appear to be charging when connected to EHU. New battery, fully charged drains after few days even when connected to mains. Checked all fuses and doesn't appear to be a separate battery charger, at least not one I can see. Anyone any advice on battery charging in this model? 

commeyras replied on 06/07/2021 19:35

Posted on 06/07/2021 19:35

It does sound as though the battery charger is shot.  I have a 2009 Bailey and this happened to me a few weeks ago when on holiday.  If your set up is similar to mine you have a box, mine is black, with various 12v fuses on the front.  The rear part of this is white and this is the charger - probably saying a 20 amp charger.  It is a simple diy job to replace.  Unplug mains, remove screws holding the unit to give access to the charger, lift it up to slide out, unplug the 2 electrical connections on the charger, slide in new charger and connect the 2 electrical connections.  Power up to see if the battery is charging.  If ok refit the unit.

If you Google 'replacing battery charger on a caravan' there are a few videos.  If your set up is different to mine, go onto an Eldis forum and ask for help; but I understand charger set ups are fairly standard.  The charger should cost about £170.

commeyras replied on 06/07/2021 19:50

Posted on 06/07/2021 19:50

I have just followed my own advice and googled 'How to replace a caravan battery charger' and yes there is a video showing how to do it in 2 minutes!  It took me a little longer but was as simple as shown.  The charger part is aluminium coloured not white, sorry.

EmilysDad replied on 06/07/2021 20:14

Posted on 06/07/2021 19:50 by commeyras

I have just followed my own advice and googled 'How to replace a caravan battery charger' and yes there is a video showing how to do it in 2 minutes!  It took me a little longer but was as simple as shown.  The charger part is aluminium coloured not white, sorry.

Posted on 06/07/2021 20:14

... and yes there is a video showing how to do it in 2 minutes!

are you going to post the link for KSRobb? 😉😉

EmilysDad replied on 07/07/2021 10:42

Posted on 07/07/2021 09:18 by commeyras

https://youtu.be/r_SY8zUpqiw, or this one.  How do I get it to say 'Link' or 'Here'?

Posted on 07/07/2021 10:42

>Link here<

When you clicked the icon of a chain/link above, one of the boxes was marked  'Text to Display', this is the box that you put what you want to be displayed ie 'Link here'. Below it is another box that says 'open in new window' yes or no .... on every other forum I use, this will automatically open a new window, but as this forum is from the dark ages, it doesn't. But it would be far better if it did, so that you didn't lose the original page on CT

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook