Covid 19 Standards on the CL Network

Helen4800 replied on 04/09/2020 11:36

Posted on 04/09/2020 11:36

We have recently visited 2 different CLs with totally different standards to the Covid 19 precautions. Our first was to The Avon Bank Meadow CL in Wyre Piddle, Lisa & John certainly worked hard at sanitizing as much as they possibly could, Taps, waste pipes, water hoses, every time an outfit left the site they were out sanitizing,spray bottles also for recycling bins they even left a sanitiser spray by the gate onto the lane to spray the lock after use!! Well done both much appreciated.

We then moved onto The Flaxlands Fishery CL, Wooton Basset, (a new CL) what a contrast!! not one sanitiser spray anywhere on the CL site !! I am sure the Caravan Club would have informed all CLs of the Covid 19 guidelines but obviously they are not not being observed by all CLs.

peedee replied on 05/09/2020 10:29

Posted on 05/09/2020 10:29

I've used three CLs since lockdown eased, only one offered sanitiser and then it was at all the taps and the elsan. I agree with JVB take you own precautions and wash hands regularly.

We carry sanitiser and wipes but not disposalable gloves

peedee

EmilysDad replied on 05/09/2020 10:49

Posted on 05/09/2020 10:49

Wyre Piddle was the site we were at right at the start of the pandemic ..... they were still trying to clear a foot of water from their CL site so we were on the hard standing right by the River Avon.

InaD replied on 05/09/2020 17:01

Posted on 05/09/2020 17:01

We're about to visit a couple of CLs and 1 other 5 van site.  Some of the first things I packed were 2 bottles of sanitiser, a box of disposable gloves, anti-bacterial wipes and plenty of soap/handwash.

How times have changed, but looking forward to our fist outing since January smile

wildemere replied on 05/09/2020 17:49

Posted on 05/09/2020 17:49

On our CL we have not supplied any anti virus products, and informed my visitors of this, all seemed to be happy with my policy , My feeling for doing this was that whatever I supplied I could be held responsible should a visitor then go down with the virus.   

Navigateur replied on 05/09/2020 18:06

Posted on 05/09/2020 18:06

Not much to need special precautions really. Need to touch the EHU outlet on arrival and departure, and a tap when refilling. Empty waste water and all other activities we are touching only our own kit - apart from the chemical toilet emptying, and surely everyone washes their hands after that anyway?

Wherenext replied on 05/09/2020 20:19

Posted on 05/09/2020 20:19

Visited 3 CLs since lockdown eased.

One had sanitisers at each point, water, elsan and waste water plus disinfectant spray and J cloths. Another just had the one sanitiser but it was at the first (or final after use) point on the way to everything. One had nothing.

I still washed and sanitised my hands when I got back to the caravan and I wear disposable gloves! You have to look after yourself and take full responsibility for doing so.

Tammygirl replied on 05/09/2020 21:10

Posted on 05/09/2020 21:10

We've been on  3 CL's since lockdown finished.

1st one every pitch serviced so just notice advising it would be sanitised between change of units, bins and chemi empty point had sanitiser for use.

2nd one had sanitiser at water point and chemi empty point.

3rd had sanitiser at water points, bins and chemi empty point.

All sites had noticed around the area giving instructions of how to  stay safe.

DavidKlyne replied on 05/09/2020 21:45

Posted on 05/09/2020 21:45

The one time we have been away this year, in August, we used the Club site at Cirencester. The service point we used didn't have any sanitizer nor was I really expecting it. When I emptied the toilet I used disposable gloves which when finished with were put in our bin and hands carefully washed. All fairly standard I would have thought. We were on a serviced pitch so I sanitized the bollard and tap with our own wipes and afterwards washed hands. I do think we have to take responsibility for our own actions.

David

Takethedogalong replied on 06/09/2020 09:38

Posted on 06/09/2020 09:38

CLs are mostly about folks who have the gumption to get themselves and their outfits prepared for almost any eventuality. Yes the ones we have used so far have supplied disinfectant/sanitizers at water/waste points, but beyond that, we don’t need anything else thank you. As an intelligent human being, in the middle of a pandemic, carrying a small refillable hand sanitizer is second nature now to us. I sanitize my hands after using tap, hose, bins etc..... with my own soap and sanitizer. I don’t go picking up a bottle of sanitiser that loads of others have used.

The two CLs we have used are both farms. Owners say hello, make sure you know where to pitch, then get back to getting the harvest in. (We haven’t even paid yet for this one........) I did watch Mrs Farmer and her team spend five hours fully sanitising the adjacent holiday cottage for next guests yesterday though........

richardandros replied on 06/09/2020 14:35

Posted on 06/09/2020 14:35

We've had four stays on CLs/CSs since 4th July and the provision at all of them was excellent in terms of sanitiser etc. I still used disposable gloves for emptying the toilet cassette, though - to save having to touch the tap / hose.

At one CL, the gate key was in a sealed plastic box by the pitch together with a contact detail sheet - for track and trace purposes.

I also took my 4-way tap splitter for use on the three sites that didn't have serviced pitches so as to avoid having to touch the tap on a daily basis. (Cleaned after I removed it, of course).

Overall, I was most impressed with the effort (and expense in terms of signage etc) that these owners had gone to.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook