Bailey unicorn Seville blinds

guitar replied on 04/09/2023 14:18

Posted on 04/09/2023 14:18

Has anyone else had trouble closing the front blind on a 2023 Seville. When we try to close ours it goes wavy and you can’t get it to go right down.

Moderator Comment - Moved from Story Section, questions should be asked in the discussion area

ElBeardo replied on 04/09/2023 21:24

Posted on 04/09/2023 21:24

I have exactly the same problem with my 2023 Vigo. I talked the other day to somebody with a Cartagena they do not open or close their front blinds because of this problem. 2 people I've met with Alicanto Grande, which has similar blinds, are also experiencing problems. I'm just in the process of writing a complaint to Bailey as the Blinds just do not work properly and it can take 10-15 minutes to open/close them. 

geoff9953 replied on 30/11/2023 15:32

Posted on 30/11/2023 15:32

The quality control at Bailey is appalling.

We bought a new Cadiz in 2022. It arrived with badly fitted panel which it took them 6 months to replace.

We returned it in Aug 2023 for its first service and a list of various items which needed rectifying under warranty.  The major one being the front blinds.

We are told that Bailey have had to redesign the front blind as the ones fitted to 2022 caravans are not fir for purpose.  They do not know when the redesigned blind will be available so the caravan is still with the dealer awaiting parts!!!

As I part paid with my credit card I have asked Visa to get involved and issued a section 75 as I am rejecting the caravan and want my money back.

Bailey are not interested in customers once they have your cash.

I don't understand why the Caravan Club does not have a campaign against the shoddy products that companies  like Bailey produce. We all know that the quality of many uk caravan manufactures is poor but the Caravan Club does nothing to highlight this and work with members to get us all a better product.

Maybe the members are not as important as the manufactures advertising money!!!!

eribaMotters replied on 30/11/2023 21:13

Posted on 30/11/2023 21:13

"I don't understand why the Caravan Club does not have a campaign against the shoddy products that companies like Bailey produce. We all know that the quality of many uk caravan manufactures is poor but the Caravan Club does nothing to highlight this and work with members to get us all a better product."

How true. The club must represent a significant % of the caravan and motorhome club members of the UK. It would not be unreasonable to expect it use it's voice for those members, warning of poor quality products and poor customer service.

Colin

nelliethehooker replied on 30/11/2023 21:31

Posted on 30/11/2023 21:13 by eribaMotters

"I don't understand why the Caravan Club does not have a campaign against the shoddy products that companies like Bailey produce. We all know that the quality of many uk caravan manufactures is poor but the Caravan Club does nothing to highlight this and work with members to get us all a better product."

How true. The club must represent a significant % of the caravan and motorhome club members of the UK. It would not be unreasonable to expect it use it's voice for those members, warning of poor quality products and poor customer service.

Colin

Posted on 30/11/2023 21:31

There far too much finance coming in from the manufactures in advertising for the club and freebies for those at HO for them to rock the boat.

Tinwheeler replied on 30/11/2023 22:10

Posted on 30/11/2023 21:31 by nelliethehooker

There far too much finance coming in from the manufactures in advertising for the club and freebies for those at HO for them to rock the boat.

Posted on 30/11/2023 22:10

And remember who supplies the caravans for CAMC to use in the tow car of the year competition🙄

eribaMotters replied on 01/12/2023 11:10

Posted on 01/12/2023 11:10

What a sad state of affairs. Dare I say we need a Jeremy Clarkson figure in the world of caravans and motorhomes.

Colin

nelliethehooker replied on 01/12/2023 20:29

Posted on 01/12/2023 11:10 by eribaMotters

What a sad state of affairs. Dare I say we need a Jeremy Clarkson figure in the world of caravans and motorhomes.

Colin

Posted on 01/12/2023 20:29

G*d forbid NO!surprised

There are much better persons about with an ability to get things sorted than that buffoon, Martin Lewis perhaps.

Steve Gentle replied on 10/01/2024 16:52

Posted on 10/01/2024 16:52

It was a relief to hear that other people are experiencing the same problems with Bailey Seville blinds. In fact we purchased a brand new van last year and discovered many faults all of which have been accepted as problems under warranty. We are still waiting to have them resolved due to parts not been available. There is no date for when the blinds can be replaced. The blinds are extremely difficult to put away and when it is hot weather it is impossible as they just sag and cannot be returned. I think Bailey are redesigning them, does anyone know any more about the situation?

Just to say we purchased a Bailey Seville brand new ten years ago and there were no problems with it. This time it has been a very different experience.

Steve and Jan

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook