Grill won't stay lit

Geoffrey Allonby replied on 04/10/2022 20:34

Posted on 04/10/2022 20:34

Mye grill on thetford caprice would not stay lit.i unscrewed  thermocouple inside grill as I tighten it up push it to  jets a bit and tighten now ok. But having seen a professional  work on same oven it seems other end is just push in and it caries small voltage and he just wiggles it and problems solved so with it being a copper pipe  I may have done same bye disturbing pipe?

Amesford replied on 05/10/2022 08:58

Posted on 05/10/2022 08:58

During one annual service one of my gas rings would not stay alight the engineer proceeded to pull off the knob and put a piece of card in the hole in the knob replaced it and it worked so now if the gas ring plays up in goes some packing 

Kasspa replied on 05/10/2022 10:08

Posted on 05/10/2022 10:08

Silly question but are you leaving oven door 'fully' open?

We found that if you try to close the door even slightly to give you more space it shuts down!!

Pippah45 replied on 05/10/2022 12:12

Posted on 05/10/2022 12:12

The gas ring cover had to be fully, fully open before the grill stayed lit in my Swift Conqueror.  Not so on the Bailey Phoenix 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook