Transferring log book/ownership of a Hobby tourer

Diskin82 replied on 05/03/2023 18:01

Posted on 05/03/2023 18:01

Hi, I'm after some guidance to transfer a hobby tourer into my name that I bought at the weekend.  The Hobby website is very confusing, the previous owner has CRiS number and given me the original log book and paperwork.

Moderator Comment - Moved from Story Section

Tinwheeler replied on 05/03/2023 18:57

Posted on 05/03/2023 18:57

Your purchase document/receipt proves you bought it. Caravans are not like cars and there is no compulsory registration document or log book to prove ownership. CRIS registration is voluntary and instructions for amending that registration will be in the CRIS paperwork or website. 

kalamitty55 replied on 05/03/2023 21:52

Posted on 05/03/2023 21:52

When I purchased my coachman I filled in the cric book and sent it off with a cheque waited 3 months no reply so phoned them explained I sent form and cheque they had no records but lady said if it turns up they will destroy it and I paid over phone had to wait two weeks while they contacted previous owner as proof they sold it got cris reg within three weeks it’s just peace of mind.

PJMEG replied on 07/03/2023 10:23

Posted on 07/03/2023 10:23

Hi,

Not sure if the same rule applies but when we recently purchased a new van from a dealer they sent documents off to CRIS to say we were the new owners then CRIS contacted us with notification and then we paid over the phone and within 3 weeks we recieved the new paperwork. 

Maybe the previous owner has to let CRIS know he has sold you the van, maybe you could give CRIS  a call and he some advice from them.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook