Motorhome Awnings

ClubMemberB7D8D9C751 replied on 24/04/2024 20:00

Posted on 24/04/2024 20:00

Hello I'm a newbie to motorhoming and would like some advice on awnings and how I fit one ,thanks mark

Moderator Comment - Moved from Story Section.

Tinwheeler replied on 24/04/2024 20:48

Posted on 24/04/2024 20:48

I expect your post will be moved to the forum where you will get more advice.

Do you not have a wind out awning on your van? If you do, sides and front can be fitted to this. Otherwise, you need to consider what sort of awning you need, such as free standing or drive away.

Above all, I recommend using your van before you make a commitment to an awning as using one will remove the big advantage of a MH which is the ability to up sticks and go at the drop of a hat. You will lose that freedom. Personally, I would never even contemplate having an awning but each to their own.

Bear in mind too that your payload may not be adequate to carry an awning as some can be very weighty.

I think you also need to tell us the make and model of your MH as we have no idea if it’s a huge coachbuilt, a panel van conversion or a VW type of camper.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook