Yurts? Pods? What on earth?

yellowbelly3 replied on 12/05/2017 07:18

Posted on 12/05/2017 07:18

I was horrified to receive an email yesterday from our Club, offering Glamping Pods, Yurts, and cottages on our Club sites!!

I belong the Club, and go to Club sites, to mix with like-minded caravanners and motorhomers, who have the same shared leisure experiences to share, talk about, and give advice.  This bonhommie of fellow travellers is an absolute part of why we belong.

I cannot express the sheer disbelief and horror I felt on reading that the Club, without consultation (unless I have missed this??), has decreed I will be sharing with people who perhaps do not understand or abide by night noise rules -and that is just the first thing that springs to mind.  The precious bonhommie will rapidy disappear.

What on earth has happened to our Club?

Only CL's from now on.

Yellowbelly3

Pippah45 replied on 12/05/2017 07:47

Posted on 12/05/2017 07:47

I share some of your thoughts yellowbelly however so far I have not encountered lager louts etc on various non club sites where pods etc are in use but it is a valid point.  They aren't actually a cheap option that might attract noisy customers!  When I first saw it I thought it might be an option to try different locations without the caravan until I found the price and the not pet friendly bit!  Pods in good walking areas do very well I believe I know of some on the West Highland way that are economically viable but we will see if there is a future for them on club sites.  I do think sticking to the rules is very important as people seem to be getting more and more oblivious of their fellow travellers.  

triky auto replied on 12/05/2017 08:30

Posted on 12/05/2017 08:30

undecided "Caravan & Motorhome Club" 

' say's it all ' frown.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 12/05/2017 08:48

Posted on 12/05/2017 08:48

It's the future. I'm afraid just because someone doesn't own an LV does not make them noisy out of control sociopaths. Disbelief & horror, really?. Look at what is happening in the World we live in-there's real disbelief & horror unfortunately, not the fact you may see things other than tin boxes on wheels around youfrown

Milothedog replied on 12/05/2017 08:49

Posted on 12/05/2017 08:49

I have mixed feelings on this and as said they may prove too expensive for that kind of clientele.

I think there is another point being missed here though, "The Club" has evolved into a very large commercial business which to be fair benefits us all with the services and products it can now offer. Having worked in a large National company for many years I can see exactly what is happening in my opinion, Its called "Milking the Asset" in the business world in a drive to achieve maximum cost effectiveness from your existing assets with minimal investment cost. In this case the sites/land. 

For what it's worth I would rather just see Motorhomes & Caravans on Site but its done.

huskydog replied on 12/05/2017 08:52

Posted on 12/05/2017 08:52

Exactly Rocky , company's have to diversify these days to stay in business, people are looking for more and want their money to go further , I am constantly looking at different ways to get customers in my shop ,and the CC is no different .....

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 12/05/2017 09:05

Posted on 12/05/2017 08:52 by huskydog

Exactly Rocky , company's have to diversify these days to stay in business, people are looking for more and want their money to go further , I am constantly looking at different ways to get customers in my shop ,and the CC is no different .....

Posted on 12/05/2017 09:05

You & other business folk look to innovative ideas for survival HD, bring in new blood, sell more, it's called survival-innovators will always survive & prospersmile

eurortraveller replied on 12/05/2017 09:09

Posted on 12/05/2017 09:09

My all time favourite site has a tree house, a wooden tent, a David Cameron shepherd's hut,  and a dozen tents, caravans and campervans all mixed up - no silly restrictions of members only or adults only or nonawning pitches  -  and an old lady owner who serves drinks on the terrace behind her house on summer evenings. Variety is the spice of life. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook