You do not currently hold 5Cs Caravan Cover

replied on 15/11/2019 09:33

Posted on 15/11/2019 09:33

Deleted User User - 'You do not currently hold 5Cs Caravan Cover or Red Pennant Overseas Holiday Insurance with the Club.'

Today I looked at my insurance details in my profile and instead of links to my 5Cs Cover It held the above info. I thought it best to contact the club and did so in case their operative had previously made an error when I phoned to cancel renewal. It seems not. What can I say about the info in the profile. sealed

I have asked for a confirmation e-mail that I am still covered until the end of term. If you read this David is yours reading the same?

replied on 15/11/2019 09:58

Posted on 15/11/2019 09:58

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

replied on 15/11/2019 10:05

Posted on 15/11/2019 09:58 by

Hi Alan

No mine is correct it says due to expire end of month and there is no mention of Red Pennant  but I stopped using that 2 years ago.

Posted on 15/11/2019 10:05

Did you cancel renewal yet though David or were you not on auto renew?

replied on 15/11/2019 10:17

Posted on 15/11/2019 10:17

replied on 15/11/2019 13:49

Posted on 15/11/2019 09:33 by

AnotherDavid - 'You do not currently hold 5Cs Caravan Cover or Red Pennant Overseas Holiday Insurance with the Club.'

Today I looked at my insurance details in my profile and instead of links to my 5Cs Cover It held the above info. I thought it best to contact the club and did so in case their operative had previously made an error when I phoned to cancel renewal. It seems not. What can I say about the info in the profile. sealed

I have asked for a confirmation e-mail that I am still covered until the end of term. If you read this David is yours reading the same?

Posted on 15/11/2019 13:49

I have asked for a confirmation e-mail that I am still covered until the end of term.

Well over 4 hours after my original conversation to the CC insurance folk with a promise of cover being in force and only renewal cancelled I have not been e-mailed and phoned to register a complaint and to demand service. Initial response was that they did not consider a 3 hour wait unreasonable. I said jhaj their maths was poor as from 9.15 until 13.30 was not 3 hours but 4 hours and I did consider it unreasonable and if an insurance provider is wrongly telling me that I have no cover bia a website and then state that I have that I consider the sending out of a confirmation e-mail to be of upmost importance to their client Not a will be done when we get around to it matter. I asked whether come dark and no confirmation it was reasonable not to have confirmation. Response it will be done. 

I should have asked whether I needed to put the caravan heating on as I would have too prepare the caravan for me to sleep in to protect my property. As far as I am concerned absolute incompetence

replied on 15/11/2019 14:31

Posted on 15/11/2019 14:31

replied on 15/11/2019 14:41

Posted on 15/11/2019 13:49 by

I have asked for a confirmation e-mail that I am still covered until the end of term.

Well over 4 hours after my original conversation to the CC insurance folk with a promise of cover being in force and only renewal cancelled I have not been e-mailed and phoned to register a complaint and to demand service. Initial response was that they did not consider a 3 hour wait unreasonable. I said jhaj their maths was poor as from 9.15 until 13.30 was not 3 hours but 4 hours and I did consider it unreasonable and if an insurance provider is wrongly telling me that I have no cover bia a website and then state that I have that I consider the sending out of a confirmation e-mail to be of upmost importance to their client Not a will be done when we get around to it matter. I asked whether come dark and no confirmation it was reasonable not to have confirmation. Response it will be done. 

I should have asked whether I needed to put the caravan heating on as I would have too prepare the caravan for me to sleep in to protect my property. As far as I am concerned absolute incompetence

Posted on 15/11/2019 14:41

Rufs replied on 15/11/2019 14:51

Posted on 15/11/2019 14:51

not very professional i must admit, but it is POETS day, and why the drama, you must have a certificate of insurance in your posession issued by the club which i assume is still valid, undecidedso where is the problem, you are covered.

replied on 15/11/2019 15:29

Posted on 15/11/2019 14:51 by Rufs

not very professional i must admit, but it is POETS day, and why the drama, you must have a certificate of insurance in your posession issued by the club which i assume is still valid, undecidedso where is the problem, you are covered.

Posted on 15/11/2019 15:29

Simple. Conversation this morning at 9.15 the operative made two statements. Cover is suspended being one and yes you are covered being the other. Don't you think that warrants a quick a speedy confirmation as I do. 

brue replied on 15/11/2019 15:46

Posted on 15/11/2019 15:46

But you missed out the next bit of information in your OP didn't you? The bit that says "please consult your policy documents for further details."

You could have asked for e mail confirmation when you cancelled the renewal of your policy which, according to your previous thread will be imminent . Didn't the club send you confirmation when you contacted them previously? Did you query it then?

replied on 15/11/2019 16:30

Posted on 15/11/2019 14:51 by Rufs

Posted on 15/11/2019 16:30

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook