What a waste of money

SteveL replied on 02/08/2017 11:29

Posted on 02/08/2017 11:29

My Mayday breakdown is due for renewal this month and I have already been sent the new documentation. Today I received an invitation from the CAMC to take out Mayday breakdown cover. It was individually addressed / posted, nothing else in the envelope. I wonder how many of these they have sent out to those who already have the cover and at what cost?☹️👎

eurortraveller replied on 02/08/2017 14:51

Posted on 02/08/2017 14:51

But I didn't get one.

Perhaps they know I have full Green Flag Recovery Plus for £48  and an offer of MayDay Green Flag for £103 might not tempt me ! 

ocsid replied on 02/08/2017 15:22

Posted on 02/08/2017 15:22

And example of the mindless waste of money plus other issues.
I have also just received a letter from the C&MC selling me “Mayday”.
That is understandable marketing if one has not got a policy, but we have.
So, the first reaction is what is wrong don't they know we are on board or have they cocked up our records; therefore need to check all is as we thought.

Get through to be told after checking, all is well, it is just a blanket mail shot.

Have they no one smart enough to set the computer to only mail out to members who have not that cover?

What a waste of their, the Post Office, the phone network, Green Flags call centre staff and the environment's resources, plus our time and it is our subs as it is only us who picks up the final bill.

On top of that why distress their Mayday members who have cause to question if the records held are correct.

EJB986 replied on 02/08/2017 15:26

Posted on 02/08/2017 15:26

It's called marketing....it happens because virtually every large company has allocated an amount of money to do it.

So, the marketing department do it!

The department has to spend all the money so that next year they can ask for more.

It's not particularly important how they spend the money as long as the number of contacts/services go up each year.

PS. Finally it helps to fill my blue bin which the council will empty in the morning......no marketing = no council jobswink

PSS. Even the recycling jobs depend on it!

huskydog replied on 02/08/2017 16:52

Posted on 02/08/2017 16:52

I got that letter as well ,although being a member of mayday for years 

It's a case of one half doesn't know what the other half is doing frown

Pippah45 replied on 03/08/2017 07:34

Posted on 03/08/2017 07:34

Was it Henry Ford who wished he knew which half of his advertising campaigns worked???  What a waste of the Club's/our money or perhaps it's cheaper to send to all rather than cross reference undecided yell

compass362 replied on 03/08/2017 16:12

Posted on 02/08/2017 11:29 by SteveL

My Mayday breakdown is due for renewal this month and I have already been sent the new documentation. Today I received an invitation from the CAMC to take out Mayday breakdown cover. It was individually addressed / posted, nothing else in the envelope. I wonder how many of these they have sent out to those who already have the cover and at what cost?☹️👎

Posted on 03/08/2017 16:12

Isn't Greenflag an independent company ! , I pay my Mayday renewal fee to them not the CMC .

The CMC probably don't have any Mayday members details , after all Mayday membership isn't compulsory with the club's membership how should they know..........who's in or not👍

SteveL replied on 03/08/2017 16:32

Posted on 03/08/2017 16:32

They are an independent company but they are selling the cover under the banner of the CAMC. Both names are on all the letters, booklets and membership cards. As they are using the CAMC name to sell their product and you have to be a CAMC member to apply, I don't see any data protection issues. However, I will report your post ( simply because I cannot report mine) and ask the CAMC to comment.

JVB66 replied on 03/08/2017 17:07

Posted on 03/08/2017 17:07

We have opted out of maildrops from the cc so it would save a lot of "complaints"that are posted on here if it was you have to opt in to receive maildropsundecided

Bakers2 replied on 03/08/2017 17:32

Posted on 03/08/2017 17:32

I've opted out of emails today having read that you don't loose booking emails.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook