Travel Insurance returned to RP

replied on 03/03/2022 12:21

Posted on 03/03/2022 12:21

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

DavidKlyne replied on 03/03/2022 15:58

Posted on 03/03/2022 15:58

David

Interesting what you said about the C&CC. I would have thought their Carefree package was quite popular. I had heard they had made the staff dealing with overseas travel redundant during the pandemic. Will they start it up again?

I think the medical questions with RP are fine if you can answer no to everything. Where it falls down is with more complex conditions like diabetes where the level of medication varies depending on blood sugar levels. Its the same with people who take blood thinners that require regular testing. They are happy for you to take a ton of blood pressure tablets providing the dose as not changed in the past 2/4 weeks but are less happy if you have to vary the dose of anything. They are happy to suggest alternative insurers but the whole point of RP is that it is an all in one policy. We tried to go abroad in 2017 but because of the refusal of RP to accept us we decided against and a have not been abroad since!

David

replied on 03/03/2022 16:24

Posted on 03/03/2022 15:58 by DavidKlyne

David

Interesting what you said about the C&CC. I would have thought their Carefree package was quite popular. I had heard they had made the staff dealing with overseas travel redundant during the pandemic. Will they start it up again?

I think the medical questions with RP are fine if you can answer no to everything. Where it falls down is with more complex conditions like diabetes where the level of medication varies depending on blood sugar levels. Its the same with people who take blood thinners that require regular testing. They are happy for you to take a ton of blood pressure tablets providing the dose as not changed in the past 2/4 weeks but are less happy if you have to vary the dose of anything. They are happy to suggest alternative insurers but the whole point of RP is that it is an all in one policy. We tried to go abroad in 2017 but because of the refusal of RP to accept us we decided against and a have not been abroad since!

David

Posted on 03/03/2022 16:24

eribaMotters replied on 03/03/2022 17:03

Posted on 03/03/2022 17:03

Senior moment there. I've used Red Pennant since early 2000's, but I was trying to think of an insurance company called RP.

Colin

Wherenext replied on 03/03/2022 17:46

Posted on 03/03/2022 17:46

I found that with a pre existing condition the surcharge to cover me was more expensive than that wanted by Nationwide's insurers, who also provide breakdown cover in Europe and is an annual contract.

Good that you found them competitive AD. Was that a one-off contract or does it include your trip in September as well?

replied on 03/03/2022 18:48

Posted on 03/03/2022 17:46 by Wherenext

I found that with a pre existing condition the surcharge to cover me was more expensive than that wanted by Nationwide's insurers, who also provide breakdown cover in Europe and is an annual contract.

Good that you found them competitive AD. Was that a one-off contract or does it include your trip in September as well?

Posted on 03/03/2022 18:48

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook