Thank you Sally at Red Pennant Insurance

Disco2003 replied on 04/08/2017 11:13

Posted on 04/08/2017 11:13

Unfortunately yesterday I had to ring the Club to discuss a change to my health condition before my trip due to start on the 28th August which I had booked Sites and Insurance through the Club.  After a length and very helpful discussion involving being rung back twice after clarification was needed, It proved to be the best and most cost effective thing to cancel my Insurance and Site bookings and just pay my deposit of £75.

Sally who I dealt with at the Club was very pleasant and helpful and patient as I took some time to consider the options and come to a decision about what to do. In all a very disappointing position to find ourselves in but helped greatly by such a nice person.

I have bought Red Pennant insurance for every trip over the last 25 years, only having to call on them once before for a caravan tyre blow out in Germany. 

I would just like to place on record to the club my thanks and congratulations on having such a nice and efficient member of staff. THANK YOU Sally. Dave

Bakers2 replied on 04/08/2017 12:16

Posted on 04/08/2017 12:16

Sorry to hear of your health issues. At least they weren't compounded by hassle over cancellation. Best wishes for the future.

DavidKlyne replied on 04/08/2017 15:25

Posted on 04/08/2017 15:25

By coincidence I also had to have a long conversation with Sally in medical screening at Red Pennant a couple of days ago and would backup everything Dave has said in his OP. We have also had to cancel our planned September trip to France. Sally did try her best to negotiate with the underwriters but at the end of the day the fact that certain conditions would not be covered we felt that it was a risk too far. Sally even offered details of another insurer who would cover the risks but as there was extra cost involved and also a nagging doubt in the back of our minds whether it was sensible to venture abroad at this time we cancelled. So also thanks to Sally from me.

David

RowenaBCAMC replied on 07/08/2017 15:02

Posted on 07/08/2017 15:02

Hello Disco, I'm really sorry to hear you had to change your plans because of a health condition.

Many thanks for your feedback. I have forwarded this discussion to Sally and the Red Pennant team.  

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook