Premier Inn East Grinstead getting all my custom!

Simon100 replied on 23/02/2017 19:39

Posted on 23/02/2017 19:39

During the last couple of years, on receipt of my confirmation email, an entry was automatically entered into my Google Calendar showing my booking, with the name and address of the site .

Since the web site update both this year's bookings have resulted in an entry showing that I am to be staying at :

The Premier Inn East Grinstead’, London Road, East Grinstead, RH19 2QR, UK

When I open the source of the calendar entry the link takes me to the booking confirmation email. This shows the correct caravan site details. It also shows the CMC name and address thus:

East Grinstead House, London Road, East Grinstead, West Sussex, RH19 1UA

There is no reference to any other address/postcode/provider such as Premier Inn.

The event created is not editable so has to be Deleted User.

So my questions are:

1 Is it Google that is not correctly interpreting the details in the confirmation email, which begs the question why is it using an address/postcode that is nowhere to be seen,

2 Is it a consequence of the web site update to have somehow messed with the booking details so that Google Calendar no longer correctly identifies the information required to create an accurate event?

Has anyone else come across this?

Rochelle.

Has this been reported to you before? If not can you please check with the IT department if they can identify what is happening as I am sure (hopeful) that I am not the only one with this issues.

Thanks

Simon

Wherenext replied on 23/02/2017 21:23

Posted on 23/02/2017 21:23

Hope you leave a review of your stay at Premier Inn. Whilst there could you nip around to East G Towers and wake up the IT department.wink

BlueVanMan replied on 02/03/2017 16:50

Posted on 23/02/2017 19:39 by Simon100

During the last couple of years, on receipt of my confirmation email, an entry was automatically entered into my Google Calendar showing my booking, with the name and address of the site .

Since the web site update both this year's bookings have resulted in an entry showing that I am to be staying at :

The Premier Inn East Grinstead’, London Road, East Grinstead, RH19 2QR, UK

When I open the source of the calendar entry the link takes me to the booking confirmation email. This shows the correct caravan site details. It also shows the CMC name and address thus:

East Grinstead House, London Road, East Grinstead, West Sussex, RH19 1UA

There is no reference to any other address/postcode/provider such as Premier Inn.

The event created is not editable so has to be deleted.

So my questions are:

1 Is it Google that is not correctly interpreting the details in the confirmation email, which begs the question why is it using an address/postcode that is nowhere to be seen,

2 Is it a consequence of the web site update to have somehow messed with the booking details so that Google Calendar no longer correctly identifies the information required to create an accurate event?

Has anyone else come across this?

Rochelle.

Has this been reported to you before? If not can you please check with the IT department if they can identify what is happening as I am sure (hopeful) that I am not the only one with this issues.

Thanks

Simon

Posted on 02/03/2017 16:50

Yes I booked a site at Kendall very recently and got an invitation in my Google-mail linked calendar to attend a meeting at the Premier Inn East Grinstead.

I have needed to be in touch with the Club about certain matters and my first reaction was that perhaps they wanted a face to face meeting at a neutral location albeit one about 500 miles from my home. smile 

My second reaction was what will my wife make of it if she looks at my phone embarassed innocent

My third reaction was to decline the invite surprised

But I still don't understand why it is issuing an invitation as opposed to inviting me to create an event ?

I think this is somehow being generated by the CMHC software.  

Any explanation forthcoming Rochelle ??? 

replied on 02/03/2017 17:07

Posted on 02/03/2017 17:07

Don't be daft. If it is CC software it must be snagging list item number 108 and sorted late 2020 at a guess.

Simon100 replied on 02/03/2017 20:18

Posted on 02/03/2017 20:18

I am glad that it is not just me. I think that it is clearer now that the problem lies with The Club's software. 

JVB66 replied on 02/03/2017 20:35

Posted on 02/03/2017 20:35

It also might be the "hidden" temp HO where the people who thought up the" Walls ice cream club""rebrand" are now hidingwink

RochelleCC replied on 10/03/2017 10:39

Posted on 10/03/2017 10:39

Hi Simon100,

I've not had any other reports of this, but what I imagine is happening is Google is taking the delivery address of the email (East Grinstead House is the address of Caravan and Motorhome Club Head Office) which will be in the email footer.

I'm guessing that Google has just taken the nearest place to stay, which would be the Premier Inn. It might be worth inputting the information in your calendar manually?

I'll ask around and see if I can find a solution for you

RochelleCC replied on 10/03/2017 16:54

Posted on 10/03/2017 16:54

Hi all, I have an update for you.

We’ve identified that we may be able to solve this issue by making some tweaks to the code that generates the email confirmation. We've logged this for development, and I'll keep you updated on the progress.

Simon100 replied on 11/03/2017 19:29

Posted on 11/03/2017 19:29

Rochelle. Thanks for getting back to me on this issue.

As I have previously said the problem only started after the web site upgrade.

I am therefore pretty sure that the reason for the miss identification of the club site is in the way that the confirmation email is generated, which you appear to be confirming, leading to Google not picking up the site information correctly.

As BlueVanMan identified it is an invitation to a meeting that is generated which is even curiouser!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook