Personal travel insurance

layton1837 replied on 30/01/2022 16:40

Posted on 30/01/2022 16:40

Looking for good companies for travel insurance with medical conditions My wife has had Bladder cancer for 9 years, Controlled  by surgery until March 2020. Because of Covid she was not seen for 16 months. Now a scan shows that it has spread to a kidney and she is having surgery to remove it. Most companies wont insure her but found one Good to go insurance, but quoted nearly £2000. We did intent to go to France Spain for 60 days Anyone had similar problems.  Thanks

Wherenext replied on 30/01/2022 18:30

Posted on 30/01/2022 18:30

I have CKD and Nationwide's insurers cover me but at a very enhanced premium depending on how long I go for. Part of the bank account if you have Flex Plus. Not sure how they would react to your wife's condition though. I expect to pay over £400 more for them to extend the cover this time for a 6 week tour.

Whatever happens the very best of luck to you both and well done to the pair of you for carrying on.

SeasideBill replied on 30/01/2022 20:41

Posted on 30/01/2022 20:41

Sadly I think you’ll struggle to get insurance at anything like a reasonable rate but my experience of LV has always been good compared to most insurance companies I’ve dealt with. I got a fair deal with them a while back when flying my elderly mother with multiple health issues on a round trip to Australia. However, getting insurance is one thing, but getting cover for a pre-existing serious condition is an entirely different proposition.

Good luck.

eurortraveller replied on 30/01/2022 20:50

Posted on 30/01/2022 20:50

I can only offer sympathy not advice. The question in my mind would not be about travel insurance but whether the surgeon thinks it is wise to go overseas for 60 days whilst waiting for an operation of that sort,  or waiting to see what the outcome will be.  I hope you get reassurance from him or her. Good wishes to you both .

DavidKlyne replied on 30/01/2022 23:33

Posted on 30/01/2022 23:33

You could give the Red Pennant line a ring. Whilst I expect that RP won't provide cover the Club does have a list of alternative insurers who cover various medical situations.

David

peedee replied on 31/01/2022 07:21

Posted on 31/01/2022 07:21

If it is acceptable to you I would have thought you could get cover for all but cancer related inllnesses. Have you asked about that?

peedee

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook