Motor Home Insurance

fatbelly replied on 07/02/2017 16:52

Posted on 07/02/2017 16:52

Today I have insured our new MH with the Club.

The club were £100 cheaper than the nearest quote. The confusing thing is I got quotes before Christmas just to give me an idea and at that time SAGA were the cheapest.& the Club was 3rd dearest !!!

Confusing

Tammygirl replied on 07/02/2017 19:47

Posted on 07/02/2017 19:47

Afraid that can happen with insurance quotes, if you shop around to much or to early you don't always get the same price. This last time we did ours Saga was for the 3rd year running the best for us and we got European breakdown at a snip. Who knows next time it may well be the CC.

InaD replied on 08/02/2017 13:04

Posted on 08/02/2017 13:04

As TG says, quotes vary enormously.  Only once have we insured with the Club, all other years other companies have been better. Saying that, we have now been with Comfort Insurance for the last 3; European breakdown is part of the package with them, at a good price, it's good cover, we've had to claim twice for a very expensive windscreen and they were excellent when on the second occasion it happened in France.  You unfortunately only know how good they are when you have to claim, which of course we all hope we don't have to!

if you're shopping round again next year, give them a ring, they have always been very competetive for us, and I regularly read on other forums about others using them as well.  But of course, a lot depends on value of MH, postcode, etc, etc.  What's good for one person isn't for the next.

Wildwood replied on 16/02/2017 15:58

Posted on 16/02/2017 15:58

Insurance premiums are reassessed regularly by the companies, so quotes are usually only valid for a limited period usually 28 days. It is exactly the same with everything else you buy. Look at the price today and again several weeks later and you may find two difference figures there.

I would also be wary of the cheapest quote, sometimes you get a bargain but others the company may not be up to the standard you deserve. I assume you did not buy the cheapest motorhome but the one that suited you best, You should do the same with everything you buy including insurance.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook