Magazine App

ScreenName10CCDA478E replied on 24/06/2016 20:34

Posted on 24/06/2016 20:34

Hi. We've just bought a motorhome, and after joining the Caravan Club wanted to keep in touch and read the magazine on our Kindle Fires.  Unfortunately the app has not been developed for Kindles yet.  Would anyone else like this option to be available?

facilitym replied on 25/06/2016 08:02

Posted on 25/06/2016 08:02

Yes. It would mean less paper to carry. And although I have the app on my phone the screen is too small for easy reading and often too dark to read in the awning or outside. 

I understand that current kindles support pdf format.

roylovelock replied on 25/06/2016 17:04

Posted on 25/06/2016 17:04

i asked excatly the same question and here is the response i got-

Dear Mr Lovelock,

Thank you for your email. We are considering it and looking into it for the future. The app is currently available for the iPad, iPhone, Android tablets and phones.

Not really much use to me as i only have kindle tablets and as quoted mobile phones are way to small to read from.

Please email them, the more people that want it on the kindle the more chance we have, but if you dont let them know then they probally wont release it to the amazon market.

Steffie558 replied on 16/07/2016 17:12

Posted on 16/07/2016 17:12

Yes, I would - or else simply a pdf file which could then be used on most devices including a PC. This would also give the option of being able to print things off which is impossible at the moment on Android. The app is not really needed if a PDF were available. I would then be happy to cancel the printed version

SteveL replied on 16/07/2016 18:09

Posted on 16/07/2016 18:09

They moved away from the Pdf format when they developed the app. I think to try and make the mag interactive. I had no problems with that format and of course it was available on more devices. However, now they have developed the app they are probably unlikely to back track.

replied on 16/07/2016 21:33

Posted on 16/07/2016 21:33

I tried the app and soon removed it from my tablet. I thought it very poor

eribaMotters replied on 31/10/2017 09:46

Posted on 31/10/2017 09:46

Thread updad the de.

I phoned and then e-mailed "digital team - on line magazine" last week, drawing there attention to this thread. I got an automated reply and then nothing, so phoned again.

No luck, they are meeting with the "app" people and will raise this point. So I make it 16 months of waiting time and no progress.

Am I just being a cynic?

Colin

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook