Magazine App Issues

The Honz replied on 08/05/2017 22:04

Posted on 08/05/2017 22:04

Is anyone else having problems with the Android version of the magazine app?

I can't ever seem to be able to download the latest edition of the magazine. It says that is downloading for a few seconds and then flashes up an error message "zip file download failed" then just stops the download.

I can occasionally download a 4 months old edition, but never the current one.

I have Deleted User and reinstalled to ensure that I have the latest version of the app with no success.

Plenty of memory available.

I have raised the issue through the feedback facility but they don't seem to have done much so far to fix it, just asked for a screen shot of the issue.

So is it a common problem or am I just the lucky one?

peedee replied on 09/05/2017 06:29

Posted on 09/05/2017 06:29

It was fine a couple of days ago but there is no incentive to use it other than its a good way to store past issues if ever you want to search for back articles. I'm upto date with downloads so cannot help you further.

peedee

SteveL replied on 09/05/2017 06:43

Posted on 09/05/2017 06:29 by peedee

It was fine a couple of days ago but there is no incentive to use it other than its a good way to store past issues if ever you want to search for back articles. I'm upto date with downloads so cannot help you further.

peedee

Posted on 09/05/2017 06:43

Peedee, just out of interest what do you store them on. My pad iPad only has 64gb storage and at 300mb a mag it is rapidly used up. Plus of course I need room for my maps, photos etc. Apple don't make it easy to add extra storage, except cloud. Can you have a memory stick, or something, with them all on?

brue replied on 09/05/2017 12:04

Posted on 09/05/2017 12:04

I downloaded it yesterday on my android phone, just to see what it's like. I haven't had time to check it out and if it uses up too much memory I won't keep it. On my laptop just now but will have a look later and report back what I find. smile

brue replied on 09/05/2017 15:54

Posted on 09/05/2017 15:54

Apologies! I had downloaded the Sites App not the magazine. I have now uninstalled the app due to it's slowness. I presume the mag is much the same and I don't want adverts etc. so won't try it. wink

I am getting error messages on here today, the whole system seems wobbly.

peedee replied on 10/05/2017 07:35

Posted on 09/05/2017 06:43 by SteveL

Peedee, just out of interest what do you store them on. My pad iPad only has 64gb storage and at 300mb a mag it is rapidly used up. Plus of course I need room for my maps, photos etc. Apple don't make it easy to add extra storage, except cloud. Can you have a memory stick, or something, with them all on?

Posted on 10/05/2017 07:35

I use an Samsung Android version 7  8 inch tablet with a 32Gbit internal memory and 32Gbit external SD card,

peedee

SteveL replied on 10/05/2017 12:36

Posted on 10/05/2017 07:35 by peedee

I use an Samsung Android version 7  8 inch tablet with a 32Gbit internal memory and 32Gbit external SD card,

peedee

Posted on 10/05/2017 12:36

Having the provision for external memory is useful,  but not something Apple seem to want to do. My iPad is over four years old and getting fairly full and I don't even have all my OS maps on it. When I purchased it larger memory versions were horrendously expensive. You can get 256 gb for what I paid now. However, while it keeps running I will just have to make do. 

Reesy replied on 03/06/2017 12:45

Posted on 08/05/2017 22:04 by The Honz

Is anyone else having problems with the Android version of the magazine app?

I can't ever seem to be able to download the latest edition of the magazine. It says that is downloading for a few seconds and then flashes up an error message "zip file download failed" then just stops the download.

I can occasionally download a 4 months old edition, but never the current one.

I have deleted and reinstalled to ensure that I have the latest version of the app with no success.

Plenty of memory available.

I have raised the issue through the feedback facility but they don't seem to have done much so far to fix it, just asked for a screen shot of the issue.

So is it a common problem or am I just the lucky one?

Posted on 03/06/2017 12:45

Exactly the same problem, can't download the magazine to my Android tablet.  Error message "zip file download failed"

Can't find any help to solve the problem.  I answered a club feedback questionnaire on the online mag a month or so ago and reported the problem so hopefully someone will take note and sort the problem or offer advice How to change settings etc.

Bakers2 replied on 03/06/2017 13:20

Posted on 03/06/2017 13:20

Why not raise it know the club's Facebook page? From my reading replies by a named person appear fairly quickly although I'm not sure about weekends.

The Honz replied on 03/06/2017 23:13

Posted on 03/06/2017 23:13

I doubt that anyone is doing anything about it at all. You are getting the same error message as me. 

I filled in a survey and got some emails from someone 6 weeks ago.

Chased them up and they said that they just pass stuff on and don't fix anything. 

So I wouldn't hold out any hope for a resolution. 

If 2 of us are getting the same error, then there must be loads more suffering in silence.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook