Late Availabilty- in praise of.

countax replied on 20/06/2017 08:46

Posted on 20/06/2017 08:46

Unusually; I wish to heap praise on the Late Availability function within the website. Easy to use and up to date. Now, you may or may not disagree however for those of us who are members of both clubs i.e. this  one and the Camping and Caravaning Club you will have realised how poor the similar function is within the C and CC. Yes, they illustrate their top ten sites (you need to do a search to find even this) then tell you to search each site yourself. Now, that is another story........infinitely poor compared to the C and MH Club. 

So here goes. Well done to the Late Availability function.

InaD replied on 20/06/2017 14:41

Posted on 20/06/2017 14:41

Agreed, we've made use of it in the past; also agree that the C&CC's equivalent is very poor.  We are no longer members of that club now, but when I did try to use it I found it very hard to navigate.

CholseyGrange replied on 20/06/2017 17:21

Posted on 20/06/2017 17:21

Don't forget the CL Network!!  With over 2,300 CL's available, you should find one in the locality you want to visit.  

CL's also have their own 'Late Availability' CT thread so that you can see CL's that have availability. 

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/club-together/discussions/sites-touring/certificated-locations/cl-late-availability/

InaD replied on 21/06/2017 17:19

Posted on 20/06/2017 17:21 by CholseyGrange

Don't forget the CL Network!!  With over 2,300 CL's available, you should find one in the locality you want to visit.  

CL's also have their own 'Late Availability' CT thread so that you can see CL's that have availability. 

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/club-together/discussions/sites-touring/certificated-locations/cl-late-availability/

Posted on 21/06/2017 17:19

Yes, we do use CLs as well and have looked through that thread in the CL section too.

Looking through it though, I did wonder whether it would be possible for the powers that be to delete the earlier ones, for example for Easter and May BHs, as they are no longer relevant, and just keep the "current ones" as it were.  As it is the thread is getting longer and longer with more "out of date" availability posts.

But perhaps that is asking a bit much!

Wildwood replied on 28/06/2017 15:41

Posted on 28/06/2017 15:41

The clubs booking system may not be the best there is but I find it simple and far better than the C&CC which at best is a mess. Apart from this clubs easier system you can also work out the cost before starting to book.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook