Large outfit

marley1 replied on 07/09/2023 10:33

Posted on 07/09/2023 10:33

Also another question I’ve got is , I’ve come across a few sites that say 7 metre Motorhome’s are the limit. When I e mail the actual camping resort the management just seem to say no problem and look forward to seeing you ! Ours is a Motorhome of 7.33 metres . So is it best just to go and hope for the best ?

Tinwheeler replied on 07/09/2023 10:45

Posted on 07/09/2023 10:45

I don’t think you’re talking about CAMC owned/operated sites as it’s not possible to email club sites. Therefore, sorry but I don’t think it’s possible to answer your question. 7m isn’t large in terms of MHs and if club sites have a max length it’s usually 8 or 9m.

SamRo replied on 14/09/2023 13:02

Posted on 14/09/2023 13:02

You can call the site and see if they have a longer pitch than shown on website available.  In my experience most do.  Just posting about it on York Rowntree thread.

SamRo replied on 31/05/2024 19:10

Posted on 31/05/2024 19:10

Hi, this has come up again this time at Hawes. Called site as required and told that 8.5 m is max. Odd used the site twice last year etc.  In fact parked next to a much larger motorhome on second visit, one of several but not really jealous....  Before I start the discussion with the head sheds does anyone have the email or 'phone number of the area manager that covers Hawes site? It appears that Club Policy is being briefed wrongly. Thank you in advance.

mickysf replied on 31/05/2024 21:23

Posted on 31/05/2024 21:23

I think it has been possible to call a site to discuss oversized units but expect to be allocated a pitch if it’s possible and not have the ability to choose your own like the rest of us. There may only be a very small number of pitches which can accommodate and once gone they have gone!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook