Insurance

Arthur Ambrose replied on 16/07/2024 13:17

Posted on 16/07/2024 13:17

I was looking through the Club's caravan insurance information for surge protection and came across the statement that we are covered for the 'Loss of the nearside wheel' which made me think are we covered for the loss of the Offside wheel? I could find no way of asking so I am asking you all.

peedee replied on 16/07/2024 13:58

Posted on 16/07/2024 13:58

That is because it was always the nearside wheel which came off. I have never really understood why. I used to regularly check my wheel nuts.

peedee

Freedom a whitebox replied on 16/07/2024 16:58

Posted on 16/07/2024 13:58 by peedee

That is because it was always the nearside wheel which came off. I have never really understood why. I used to regularly check my wheel nuts.

peedee

Posted on 16/07/2024 16:58

Commercial vehicles always had a left hand thread on the near side as they had a tendency to self undo with use. The downside of having the different threads is that someone trying to change a wheel who wasn't aware of this would this fact would be tightening the nuts. And i have actually seen the studs sheer when a long tommy bar has been used

Freedom a whitebox replied on 16/07/2024 17:03

Posted on 16/07/2024 17:03

On a slightly different note, i have just received this from Saga insurance;-

We want to let you know that when your Saga Caravan Insurance comes up for renewal in September 2024 unfortunately we will no longer be offering this product.

To keep things simple, we’ve found an alternative provider for your cover. The Caravan and Motorhome Club (the Club) is a trusted name with over 50 years’ experience providing cover for caravans. We’ve made the process of switching to them as seamless as possible and, as long as your details remain the same, you’ll get a comprehensive level of cover at the same price as last year.

Whittakerr replied on 16/07/2024 18:40

Posted on 16/07/2024 18:40

Except the caravan and motorhome club do not offer caravan insurance. As an alternative they offer caravan cover!

Wherenext replied on 16/07/2024 20:07

Posted on 16/07/2024 20:07

We sold our caravan a month ago and I rang Saga and cancelled the insurance. No hassle with them and was told they were cancelling all policies with effect from next renewal.

7 days later I got a survey email. First question was "How likely on a scale of 1-5 would you recommend Saga Caravan Insurance to someone?"

Couldn't make it up could you?laughing

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook