Independant review of Red Pennat insurance

Wildwood replied on 18/07/2017 11:54

Posted on 18/07/2017 11:54

I found this on the Practical Caravan forum from a grateful member.

Yes - you can find cheaper insurance - but after you've made a claim do you want to hear "Sorry that isn't covered on your policy" - or some other excuse to avoid payment.
I've been taking out Red Pennant for many years but when six years ago in Spain I had a claim which finally exceeded several tens of thousand pounds, they couldn't be faulted for the help they gave me. My emergency lasted for two weeks and every day the same RP advisor rang me just to see how I was coping. Their final gesture (which they had no need to do) was to ask me how I was getting home. I replied that I would have to drive. Their suggestion came back "We don't think you should. We'll send out a driver and we'll book you an airline ticket. All you need to do is get a taxi to the airport."

Buy their policy, hope you won't need it, but if you do, you need have no worries.
Read more at https://www.practicalcaravan.com/forum/overseas-parks-touring/54705-touring-in-france-what-travel-insurance-do-you-use#EQeAhKemzRddEOqe.99

Longtimecaravanner replied on 18/07/2017 17:25

Posted on 18/07/2017 17:25

We too always take out Red Pennant insurance. This year three weeks before we were due to go someone ran into the back of us and we had to cancel the holiday. When I rang Red Pennant they explained that if I paid the cancellation charge of £89 for the ferry myself then they could refund the whole cost of the Red Pennant insurance, £230. Not many insurance companies would do that.

Mitsi Fendt replied on 19/07/2017 13:22

Posted on 19/07/2017 13:22

Goes to show that cheaper isn't always the cheapest as the above posts reflect. I always use Red Pennant. Fortunately never had to test it to see how well it works.  

replied on 19/07/2017 15:20

Posted on 19/07/2017 15:20

The user and all related content has been Deleted User
near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook