Esso Fuel Card

pegwr33 replied on 10/12/2018 11:37

Posted on 10/12/2018 11:37

Like all members who have registered their email address with the Club, I received an email inviting me to sign up to receive an Esso fuelcard. Sounds simple until you go through the sign-up process and discover that payment has to be by means of a debit card linked to your bank account rather than by a credit card which is my normal means of paying for fuel.

The offer sounds far too good to be true and it is. Yes I can receive Clubcard points, but I get that already as my credit card issuer is none other than Tesco Bank. Come on, everyone pays by credit card these days so why not allow this form of payment?  Fuel companies are not exactly hard up as they make millions of pounds from us motorists so surely they can be more flexible on the forms of payment.

Moderator Edit:

Duplicate discussion.  Please see "Tips for Making Caravanning and Touring Cheaper" Section.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook