Economic Impact Survey

SteveL replied on 19/06/2018 10:25

Posted on 19/06/2018 10:25

The club are collaborating with others in a survey to assess the economic impact of the U.K. Holiday Park sector. The survey is on the Club news section of What's on.

I started filling it in. It asked how many times you have stayed on a site in the last 12 months. 5 + is the maximum. Then it asks for details of the most recent two. After that it went on to what you had spent etc but only for the last trip / site. As in our case that was only  3 nights away in Clumber (6 miles from home) as we had to cancel the rest of our tour, there seemed little point in continuing.

What is the point in costing the last holiday, which might only have been a few days, when you might have spent bucket loads on your two week / three week main holiday, within the 12 months they are asked you to consider.

As far as touring for a few days in each place, it did not really seem to consider that at all.

brue replied on 19/06/2018 11:03

Posted on 19/06/2018 11:03

Steve, I completed the survey but you need quite a bit of information to hand. I expect things average out across all users with some injecting more into the local economy and others less. I think it's relevant to places like Baltic Wharf and similar places where people might spend quite a bit. It was brought home to us not long ago when we spent more on fuel getting to the Lakes than we did on site fees, however we also spent money locally on food and visits. When I got back I actually totted up that it had been quite an expensive stay over five nights! Other holidays we spend a lot less but I do think we all probably boost local economies and the industry as a whole quite substantially. smile

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook