Credit where it's due

IanH replied on 19/08/2016 20:14

Posted on 19/08/2016 20:14

In July, we had a day trip to Calais to 'stock up'. We were staying on a site in Kent at the time, so we took advantage while in the area.

We took the car via Eurotunnel and the crossing to France was bang on time. However, the return crossing was delayed and involved a lot of waiting around and a change of trains.....and more waiting. All this was on the hottest day of the year, with temperatures in the mid 30's......not too pleasant.

So I contacted Eurotunnel afterwards to point out my dismay. As I'd booked through the CC (and received about 10% discount for doing so) they asked me to submit my comments via the CC.

After a three week wait, I received a phone call from Roz at the CC at 6:30 pm on this Friday evening, to say that Eurotunnel were refunding the full cost of the return journey - about £26

Now that is what I call very fair treatment.....and I was most impressed that Roz took the trouble to call me at that time of day.

Thank you to both Eurotunnel and the CC for dealing with this matter in such a professional and reasonable manner! Laughing

Wherenext replied on 19/08/2016 20:54

Posted on 19/08/2016 20:54

I must admit that the staff in the Overseas Section have always been helpful whenever I've spoken to them. I assume it was this section that dealt with it Ian. So well done CC.

It's just the higher management that drive me to mutterings.

replied on 19/08/2016 21:42

Posted on 19/08/2016 21:42

Well dome that lass and CC

replied on 22/08/2016 07:36

Posted on 22/08/2016 07:36

The user and all related content has been Deleted User
near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook