Club magazine continetal features

sussexrav replied on 29/06/2018 11:53

Posted on 29/06/2018 11:53

Can anyone explain to me why there are features on Canadian holidays Californian holidays and the like in  the club mag...? surely the club should be promoting caravanning ...NOT fly drives and getaways ? ....or is it just me undecided

replied on 29/06/2018 12:43

Posted on 29/06/2018 12:43

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

DavidKlyne replied on 29/06/2018 14:27

Posted on 29/06/2018 14:27

In fairness it does both. I think the Club is currently trying to boost its appeal to a wider audience. There is a certain logic to take the view that because people enjoy our hobby in the UK, and Europe,  that a proportion of them might want to extend that enjoyment to countries where it is a bit more difficult than to just jump on a ferry at Dover. The magazine can't be 100% interesting to everyone and I expect that most of us take a few things from and disregard the rest. That equally applies to most magazines in my view.

David

IanTG replied on 30/06/2018 16:42

Posted on 30/06/2018 16:42

I think it entirely appropriate and potentially aligned to the interests of some of the target market (ie members) that the club should be trying to expand its offering, ie sell more services to more customers.

Extugger replied on 30/06/2018 21:22

Posted on 30/06/2018 21:22

Agree with AD and DK that the Caravan Club Limited is a travel club and is looking to expand it's market and increase profits (they certainly will if they sell trips to Canada at £7990 per couple for 11 nights) 

Judging by the current prices of Club pitches, the amount of £50k + outfits on display and the high occupancy levels, they have a ready made market!

I hope they do sell lots of advertising and holidays and use the profits to reinvest in the Club's network of sites at a greater level than they do now.

They could also bring the website into this century, give free and decent Wi-Fi, provide adult only, dog free, children free sites and make all vehicles travel at 5mph with 24 hour self-cleaning facilities?

Maybe it's Utopia in Canada, but I wouldn't pay £8k to find out, preferring the CAMC as it is now, even with all it's idiosyncrasies and at the end of the day we live in a democracy -and are free to do as we're told - I mean we can make our own choices 😀

replied on 01/07/2018 19:57

Posted on 29/06/2018 11:53 by sussexrav

Can anyone explain to me why there are features on Canadian holidays Californian holidays and the like in  the club mag...? surely the club should be promoting caravanning ...NOT fly drives and getaways ? ....or is it just me undecided

Posted on 01/07/2018 19:57

The user and all related content has been Deleted User
near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook