Club e-mails, Requests for Reviews and Reminders

replied on 26/05/2017 08:27

Posted on 26/05/2017 08:27

Before we go away and whilst we are on our travels I receive reminders that I have a site booked. To me that is an irritation as I know that and so rarely read them. It would be better if for each site they included suggestions of places or areas to visit etc. along with news of any site development work. That would mean that they were less of an irritation and might well be welcomed.

Then there is the request e-mail asking that I do a review of the CC site. I have done a review of the odd CL that I used but would never be likely to review a CC site. I go to a CC site with a good idea of what to expect. That is what I get. What is to say?

The subsequent reminder request for a review seems totally pointless. If I did not review on the first request it is pointless asking again. 

Navigateur replied on 26/05/2017 09:09

Posted on 26/05/2017 09:09

Ha!  So you are not one of this next generation of pamper explorers then!

Our "Club" is gearing up for them, you know, and as the management has no idea what they will be like, they are assuming that the new people will be complete numpties who don't know from one day to the next what they are supposed to be doing.

replied on 26/05/2017 09:16

Posted on 26/05/2017 09:16

No, I keep a spread sheet so that I know where my next stop is smile

SteveL replied on 26/05/2017 09:34

Posted on 26/05/2017 09:34

I had not noticed the lack of info ET. When it was the CC these emails did include some info on places to go. Not enough info, but some. Now it is the CAMC the info seems to have dried up.☚ī¸đŸ‘Ž

replied on 26/05/2017 10:41

Posted on 26/05/2017 10:41

Yep Steve, the CC e-mail used to carry suggestions for things to do/places to go. The latest one is worthless to me.

No Nav. Costs etc do not concern me. If one site is particularly dear it is irrelevant to me as it will be one of 20. 

Kimberley replied on 26/05/2017 11:07

Posted on 26/05/2017 11:07

Good morning EasyT,

Thank you for your feedback today, I have passed your comments to our Marketing Department to view, they will keep an eye on further comments added to this thread .

If improvements can be made, we will be delighted to look into this .

With kind regards.

Kimberley. 

replied on 26/05/2017 11:28

Posted on 26/05/2017 11:28

That would be good Kimberley. Not only could improvements to the 'Your Booking is imminent' e-mail; they should be made.

You want members to open that e-mail as it is where you might place additional info. If there is something of interest to include such as what to see etc then members are far more likely to open it.

Navigateur replied on 26/05/2017 11:29

Posted on 26/05/2017 11:29

I keep details of costs so I can compare this Club's offerings to The Camping Club and the independent operators.

Seldom go back anywhere unless there is something in the area to which I'm going.

Bakers2 replied on 26/05/2017 11:58

Posted on 26/05/2017 11:58

The reminder email of bookings should contain correct information! Especially arrival times, lots of comments recently throughout CT about reminder saying noon but actually 1pm. When you have an email reminder why would you check time in the directory? 

Certainly not consistent sometimes one gets a reminder sometimes not! Personally we are they organised sort and once booked it's on the calendar. Same applies to reviews sometimes sometimes not. That really needs addressing whether they are sent or not as a result of this thread.

I endorse earlier comments re local conditions, I believe there are roadworks near some sites that make huge impact on getting to from the site. 

Nice to get some feedback from staff thanks Kimberley.

N1805 replied on 26/05/2017 13:23

Posted on 26/05/2017 13:23

During the winter reviews of places open that you have visited from the campsite may be of use to members also planning to stay there during that season.  As to reviewing the campsite itself I agree with EasyT’s  comment quote  - “I go to a CC site with a good idea of what to expect.”

Good to see club staff are monitoring CT & giving some feedback.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook