CAMC UK Sites iPhone APP

DorsetRoy replied on 07/10/2017 14:31

Posted on 07/10/2017 14:31

Has anybody found a way to auto log into this app?

It asks me every time 

It has no remember me feature 

Perhaps finger print log in could added please.

Pass this onto your developers sure others would be happy too.

Tinwheeler replied on 07/10/2017 16:13

Posted on 07/10/2017 16:13

Fingerprint login? We're talking about an IT department that can't even launch a properly working forum, DR. 

SteveL replied on 07/10/2017 17:13

Posted on 07/10/2017 17:13

Unless I bother to log out, it does seem to remember the login, even if I totally close down the app, or delete history. No idea how long it does it for though.

However, the login is two stage. When I set up the app I had to login and this gave me access to search for CL details. I have never had to login again to get this level of use. It only asks for login details again to make or view bookings.

It would be nice if all apps gave you the option of auto fill but sadly they don't. As TW says fingerprint recognition, like on my banking App, not a chance. 🐖🐖🐖🐖 flying versions come to mind.

Buteman replied on 09/10/2017 12:07

Posted on 09/10/2017 12:07

I've just Deleted User the CAMC app - it could not find sites that exist in the handbook...needs to be scrapped and new app developed.

Website is much better so why not an app up to that standard?

DavidKlyne replied on 10/10/2017 09:03

Posted on 10/10/2017 09:03

I tend not to use the App on a regular basis but when we were away last month I had to amend a couple of bookings and that worked OK, although I didn't get an e-mail confirmation? On Android it doesn't remember sign in details if you sign out. I have just closed the app without signing out and reopened it and I was still logged in. If I leave it I expect it will use the automatic time out. 

David

DaveCyn replied on 10/10/2017 16:24

Posted on 09/10/2017 13:34 by Tinwheeler

You mean the app is even worse than the website? surprised

Posted on 10/10/2017 16:24

Much worse!!

Keeps referring you to the main website for site details, particularly for CL's and still has sites listed that have been closed for months.

Wincanton Racecourse is still on there & that was lost months ago.

The "other club" seems to have a really useful, useable app and decent website. 

Methinks it's time to get some decent IT people in & sort out the unholy mess the current crew have inflicted on us.

peedee replied on 14/10/2017 08:02

Posted on 14/10/2017 08:02

I wonder why everything is not run off the same database? I find from the checks I have done, the POIs and the web site are up to date. I haven't had reason to use the smart phone site App very much so cannot comment on that. Most, if not all my visits are planned from home using my broadband connection..

As a thought, perhaps it is not down to those responsible for coding but those defining the "User Requirement."

peedee

Burgundy replied on 29/10/2017 14:00

Posted on 29/10/2017 14:00

Just updated the app on ipad and lost all my favourites and gained 9 new ones,  8 of which I have never heard of and the 9th a club site I would not use.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook